Poll: Should rifles be stripped in CS?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes strip any and all whenever admin feels appropriate
5.26%
1 5.26%
Yes awp only permanently
10.53%
2 10.53%
Sometimes but all rifles both sides when you do
5.26%
1 5.26%
Sometimes but only upon map change
5.26%
1 5.26%
Sometimes only when agreed upon by majority
26.32%
5 26.32%
Never
47.37%
9 47.37%
Not just rifles
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stripping
Ok before the whining and bickering gets too bad I thought I would get some input.
Please add comments too, it always helps if they are constructive
my vote was for disable all snipers if they decide to..cause if the admin decides to disable the awp..they would just switch the semi-auto sniper rifles which is pretty much the same exact thing as a awp...so its pointless to remove just 1
DONT TAKE MY SHIELD AWAY FROM ME ! ! !:(

If it came with the game it should stay in the game. Thats all i have to say. I mean in real life you cant take someones gun away.
For lack of a better choice, I picked never.

The only rifles I believe should be removed are the automatic sniper rifles(the auto-awps).
I agree with keeping all guns that are part of the game.
The auto sniper rifles, however, were originally inaccurate and moderately powerful. The only reason they are innaccurately accurate and powerful is because they were never getting used. These guns don't hold true to the guns that the game came with. You might think the awp is unfair, but you have the disadvantage at short range not to mention the gun has a slow firing-rate.

Where the hell is the skill when you can sit half the map away, point in someones general direction and just hold down the attack button?
BTW, if you think that I am biased because I'm an [awper], you're wrong.

I'm a scout kind of guy.
(Of course I've been known to get nasty with the awp every once in a blue moon.)

:edit: ^_^
wow soulevan I didnt even know you played CS...you know there is a Vad's?
Wanksta,Jan 24 2004, 06:06 PM Wrote:DONT TAKE MY SHIELD AWAY FROM ME ! ! !:(

If it came with the game it should stay in the game. Thats all i have to say. I mean in real life you cant take someones gun away.
People used to say that about double kills, white disk and spector bugs. We say their flaws in the game, others say it's part of it... It's the balance we need.
its balanced right now..if valve thought it was not balanced they would remove or tweak the guns so taht they are..
But then again what did they ever do to help ricochet? Im starting to feel like we are the creators of ricochet.
The only time i say ban an awp is when you get like a hardcore cser who is just sitting their and takeing out 90% - 100% of the team. I dont mean if its a one on two or something like that. I mean if they're takeing out like 4 or 5 guys a round.
I think if the players are complaining about a certain weapon and then there is a vote about it then they should strip the weapon if the majority agrees to it.
why would anyone complain about ANY weapon...period??

The would probably be a time when people would complain that there wasn't a bigger choice in weapons.
I love all the rifles and pistols....makes it fun and different each round.

BTW...what's 'stipping'? LMAO

is that like a Stip Bar?
I have gotten to the point when, someone starts sniping and kills me before I have a chance to leave spawn, I just go to a different server, I am not going to complain about it, because when I complain then they complain that I am complaining. but I am not going to be a sniper target over and over and over again becuase that just isnt fun <_<
nonono I don't like people to be run off of any server I play on...you have been around long enough to know that is my number one rule....thus the reason behind this poll...frito....the first senior admin ever...(evil doesnt count he helped me set up the servers) will not be made uncomfortable on any of Vads/GRITS servers.
We have to come up with a compromise here....I agree and don't like being sniped immediately all the time either....while I agree with Thor, I think it is a challenge and like to try and outsmart the sniper....or intentionally set him up to get killed by a player better than me....our server is NOT a pro server... it is a server for friends to play CS online together, I only had one player complain when I suggested that sniping needed to be held to a minimum when you are playing against so many inexperienced players....most people are willing to gear down in order to play competitively...maybe because I pay for the server, but it might be because I actually ask in a different way and dont try and taunt the gun away from people. Many excellent players never even pick up the scope rifles so we will always have high ranking players. It takes a skill to use the scopes, I have tried them they are not easy to use...much like the shield...some people think it should be removed....again it takes skill to perfect how to use it...diversity guys that is why some of us excel and others of us die a lot (I hear I am still last on the stats) I personally think if the 'game' is annonced by an admin at the map change then you should be able to restrict weapons...I think "just knives" would be a cool change of pace and bring some creative thinking to some of the standard maps that people are use to.
This poll was started to help get some ground rules for the server. I appreciate the input from all points of view. All of you know me well enough to know why I like to play online...and it is not to hear whining and bickering every time I play....lets see if we can figure something out.
thanks
I dont mind being sniped now and then but I have a tendancy to give up after the 5th straight sniper kill, If the sniper would vary his gun now and then, I wouldnt mind as much. Everyone says it takes skill to use the AWPS, I do to, to a certain extent, It is tuff to aim, but you get multiple chances to shoot them because you are so far away and I for one cant even see them, I compare snipers to "people who use knifes and are invisible" yep they are only using a knife but if you cant see them you cant kill them.
just a quick FYI

the server was locked so that I could get in some practice without being sniped....I still dont know the maps...and learning with just the people you know is one of the perks of being admin on the server....I know some of you saw the infamous sniper playing with us....he had to agree not to snipe before he was given the password....
I wouldn't have a clue who that infamous sniper who doesn't know how to keep his hands off would be *cough*.
:huh:
I was actually sitting beside wank who was sniping i had the ak, and i belive i killed all three people down their before he did.

What I really dont like is when one guy is takeing on the entire team with a sniper and owning, I think that is the most anonying. If a sniper can take out 2 or 3 that is fine because its not the entire team and he/she is just helping out.
I tried the sniper rifle if it was that easy razor9 would have been soooo dead in that garage:P...the point is not the skill involved but the balance to allow for a good game...no one wants to play a game where they are continually sniped off the map, much less the whole team...and after 5 rounds in a row with the CT winning by anilating the T it was nice of razor to play with the Terrorist for a couple rounds....even if he did abandon us for the whines of the CT :lol: A round or two where you arent 'owned' makes it easy to stick around for more rounds, thanks for the good sportsmanship razor9
btw anyone who hasnt seen him play CS ....he owns there too just like in ricochet
the probelm a lot of the times is the money. me and the ct guys were getting beat and could only get pistols. so we charge the compund and we get sniped by awps. these two guys last night were playing well and then it was me versus both of them. they just kept awping me. i couldn't get anything going. so i said 'i can't afford anything' and the one guy said 'cool!'. what asshats!<_<after a few rounds like that, i just about left...but they beat me too it.
I wasnt pointing fingers asm..hehehehe
Quote:even if he did abandon us for the whines of the CT

oh ok yeah I was:P
but if you tell me what to do about the money thing I will work on it.
lol sorry that i ditched ya m8
Quote:but if you tell me what to do about the money thing I will work on it.
i wish i knew what to do about it grits. most people probably prefer some sort of money system...i could really care less about it though. it would be nice to get whatever i want win or lose. but no, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer...lol.
Restrictions is a hard decision. If you only take into account improvement, then all guns/shields anything should be left in the game. If any of you guys do decide to play leagues and stuff, you'll need a certain knowledge of use and playing against those weapons. That experience is necessary if you want to get truly good. Getting pwnd continually is hardly fun, but those newer guys have to understand that the good players already fought through that stage. I hate the sheilds, and think its unfair only one team should get it, but I believe its good practice playing against it.

All in all, the only voted weapon of mass destruction should be.....

Admin_vote_ kick Razor9
=P
Yeah, he ruined my positive score rate ! I hate AWP's when there are only 4-5 players... it really does suck... and I know a certain someone who does that when it's not going *their* way. If a good player is really doing "too" good, then maybe they should just think about picking a weapon they won't be so good at but are still likely to win with...

It gives us novices a chance to at least practice our shooting skills....without it we're just dead and how then can you learn ?