Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choppy demos...
I've noticed that the last several demos I have made have been pretty choppy. When I look at like the first couple of demos I made, and demos others have made, it looks as smooth as it would have been in-game. Now every single one I make is choppy. And another thing that I believe is related: when I go into the console and type "play whatever.dem" it says something like "missing wave/riff chunk." So the only way I can play them is through GeekPlay. Once again, I used to be able to play them just by typing the command, and now I can't. I can play others by typing the command, but not my own. I suppose I could search google and find the problem or something like that, but I figure someone here probably knows.
choppy demos usually caused by low rate...try to get the highest possible rate when recording

as for not playing demos...ive found that demos are one of HL's weirdest things. sometimes they work and othertimes they dont. Back when i played cs i was recording a demo on dust...when i played the demo back i was standing on the CBBLE bridge above the t spawn, turned around, walked through the wall, got all that clipping crap, threw a grenade, and a bunch of terrorist arms went all over. that was by far the weirdest HL thing ive ever seen.