Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UT2004
For those few that are interested the UT2004 demo is now out. It clocks in at over 200MB, but well worth it. The bringing back of Assault mode from the original UT is worth the price alone. The new Onslaught mode is really good aswell. The new vehicals are a nice added touch. I noticed a couple new weapons and some facelifts on old ones.

The game is set to come out next month. If you like UT2003 then you know what to expect. If anyone wants to get a game together while the demo is out let me know.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Got a url for those that can actually play it?

I've tried at least 6 demos in the last couple of months and not one of them liked my system.
are the graphics the same as or better than 2003?
The graphics seem to be the same for the most part. Depends really on your settings. Most of mine are on high so everything looks great.

Gwar I got mine from Gamespot. http://dlx.gamespot.com/dl.html?id=6089219. I think you have to sign up for a free basic membership to use their downloads. Better than that Fileplanet crap.

Next week the Painkiller demo comes out.
I'll try to get pics of Onslaught mode tomarrow in another post so as to not clutter this one too much.
I downloaded the demo last night, and I enjoy it a lot. My computer seems to do a decent job of running it. The assualt mode was fun, those are the screenies that png posted.
downloaded the demo, installed it and tried it. I was actually able to play, but with REALLY crappy frame rate that started making me sick after about 30 seconds :(
Gwar you need a better video card which you even stated yourself. You don't have to spend 200 or 300 dollars either.
Yes, you can get them stolen for half if not more of the retail price.
*cough* not stolen and yet... not paid for *cough*:)
i want to play so damn bad that tears of frustration are running down my face (well...not really). assault mode would be bad ass. the assault mode on the original ut was way better than c-strike and dod imho because the objectives were more complex. kind of like a cross between sven-coop and dod...sort of.
The onslaught mode is great. Its like assualt but you get vehicles, plus nodes that you have to construct in a certain order, then attacking the primary base. The construction and destruction or nodes is a bit more compex then in dod where you just walk over the flag to capture it. Both modes are great, I think i will probably end up buying this game.
Good to here you guys are interested in it. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
well, as soon i get a new machine up and running, i'll be a regular at 'p&g's palace of kickass'.^_^
That's a great name. Although the server has to be co-branded so it would have to be called "Holdouts Palace of Kickass". You might have just won yourself an admin spot with that one.
Onslaught!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

HOLY TEXTURES!!!

More... MORE!!!

HA! i'VE GONE iNSANE!

Schweet.

Sweet pics of Onslaught.