Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're F***ed :/
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/internation...1153513,00.html

Discuss.
When will California sink? . . and what was the deal with the Y2K bug??

I believe i made my point.
Siberian eh ? does that mean we get the warmer weather too ?
I hope this is the wake up call for people to start getting their act together.
SO....over the next 20 years.....a 'global catastrophe'??
Quote:Climate change over the next 20 years could result in a global catastrophe costing millions of lives in wars and natural disasters..

..and..
Quote:The findings will prove humiliating to the Bush administration, which has repeatedly denied that climate change even exists.

How will the Bush administration be 'humiliated' at the end of 20 years?? Will democrats STILL have the Bush/Gore grudge in 20
years and blame something that is 'suppose' to happen then on HIM???

This is a silly report. They are predicting nuclear wars and rioting....well...DUUHH!!! WAIT...LET ME PREDICT SOMETHING...I CAN FEEL IT NOW...
PIX International News predicts that there will be deaths in 20 years due to old age. I also predict that there will be great anger over people
paying taxes.

We have GOT to rid out planet of these doomsday SUV's which will destroy the Earth and turn London into a ski resort.
Yeah i bet people will still be talking about Bush 20 years later. Being president for 9/11 and the war in iraq will get you remembered.

It's not just the SUV's that are the cause of global warming even though they contribute a lot. GM has a car that runs on hydrogen and only leaves droplets of water as exhaust. I sure hope those take off and soon, i know i want one.
Why would you call Bush a draft dodging cokehead. Is it relevant? You have some kind of proof, or you just flame and defame any one better off than you?
His father wasn't a bad president....
Most Bush bashers have to dig for something hurtful that they can't substanciate like his so called 'draft-dodging' record. They hate him so much
that they have to dig dig dig. Didn't he open his files for his military history and show he had no errors? Just some Kerry tactics that will leave him
fizzling out in the end. Again...this was about global warming...not the John F'ing Kerry tactic of misdirection of an answer. The question is...will
the world REALLY blame Bush in 20 years for something that hasn't even been proved yet? I think not. Do the liberals hate Bush still so much since
Florida 2000, that they will continue to blame mother nature on him in 20 years?? If you want to blame this hypothesis of global warming on someone,
then blame all the democrats here in my town driving Escalades with chrome spinners on the wheels.

And anon....yes, hydrogen is a viable substitue for fossil fuels...but it is not a readily available commodity. It is also very expensive to create from
splitting various substances in any great amount.

Bush hasn't humiliated anyone but his staunch haters who moan and cringe that American Republicans are in power and the majority of the country feels
better about it. Cough*.....ouch...I just choked on laughter.
wow maybe I should read the original post so I have some idea whats going on in here :lol:

doesnt my avatar make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
Generally the worse the case=longest winded, least fact based oratory.
Quote:They hate him so much
that they have to dig dig dig.

I could just drop down the hole he already dug for himself.

I always get angry with political debates so I'm done.
Quote:The question is...will the world REALLY blame Bush in 20 years for something that hasn't even been proved yet?
It has been proven. Maybe not specifically california, but a large portion of the world would go. Most of europe, gone. It wont be as bad as in water world, but there would be a massive loss of land. Any land left over in the north would be unliveable because we all know large bodies of water cool off the surrounding areas, hence the england turning to siberia.

We all know how spinless politicians are, if they blame a serious issue on someone else, its more votes for them. Who will get more votes the person taking the heat for something, or the person putting that heat on? The person on the ground with a gun to their head or the person with the gun.
Just delete this thread, I didn't expect it to become a political discussion.

edit:

Yes it has been proven, several miles of ice in the poles that have been frozen for several centuries have cracked and begun to sink/melt. It's time to take your head out of your ass and realize that Earth is indeed heating up, and I really don't think it's a temporal change like some people are telling themselves.
The earth is likely to heat up anyway and not just due to nuclear effect. The magnetic fields that surround the earth should have switched polarisation several centuries ago and never have.... it's starting to take effect, and there's a whole raft of science behind it that I will not bore you with.
Actually, the gulf stream is what keeps the British Isles warm, and it's what's hypothesised to stop. Right now, there's an underwater current of cold, fresh water running through the atlantic towards it. Melting arctic ice is what's behind it, and if that melting increases, it's possible that it would cool off the gulf stream before it reaches Britain. It's not being surrounded by water, because they already are.