Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server commands - name change?
Is there a way to change someone's name without installing Admin-Mod (or another like it)? I really don't need any bells and whistles, but I am a "player" hater. :)
In the desert I saw a creature, naked, bestial, Who, squatting upon the ground, Held his heart in his hands, And ate of it. I said, "Is it good, friend?" "It is bitter -- bitter," he answered; "But I like it." "Because it is bitter, And because it is my heart."
- stephen crane
....no
lol... thanks! The link to funnyjunk makes the bad news a little easier to take.
In the desert I saw a creature, naked, bestial, Who, squatting upon the ground, Held his heart in his hands, And ate of it. I said, "Is it good, friend?" "It is bitter -- bitter," he answered; "But I like it." "Because it is bitter, And because it is my heart."
- stephen crane
yes there is i used to do it all the time using rcon but i really need to get some sleep now and i promise i will try and figure it out tomarrow : ) just got to tamper with console a bit and you can be amazed in what you learn.
ok adminmod is admin_execclient player name "other than player" I use to do "I love this game" still do it to ppl that change their name to "this game sucks" and evil had a french name for 'players'. There is still one player running around with that name I see him/her every once in a while.
without I would just llama them that gives them a familiar name :lol:
I don't know why I hesitated to install admin_mod, it rocks! I made a nice little bind/alias... now I just hit F12 and "player" changes to "pooh-bear", "piglet", "tigger", or "rabbit". If I get bored with the pooh theme I'll probably change to cereal or snack names...
player(1) changed name to Cap'n_Crunch
- stephen crane
cool : )
craash420,Apr 14 2004, 06:50 PM Wrote:I don't know why I hesitated to install admin_mod, it rocks! I made a nice little bind/alias... now I just hit F12 and "player" changes to "pooh-bear", "piglet", "tigger", or "rabbit". If I get bored with the pooh theme I'll probably change to cereal or snack names...
player(1) changed name to Cap'n_Crunch
If you have installed adminmod, I could write a script that did that automatically. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's already a plugin on the adminmod site that will do it......if not, I'll add it to my plugin and let you have a copy that you can just drop in.:)
Hmm i'm pretty sure amx takes more to run cause if your server isn't that good you can only add a few plugins before the server overloads and crashes and if you have hl booster installed on a server it makes it go slower some times