Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McDonalds has sold out.
I don't know if any of you have seen the news but McDonald's is ending the Supersize choice
on their menu at the end of 2004. They want to make the menu healthier by giving you 1 less choice.
Here is the comment I posted to Micky D's site. I had to laugh.

Quote:YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING???  WHY are you removing the so called 'choice' from your 'core' menu of Supersize items? I like the line in the News content that says "with a range of choices that support a balanced lifestyle".  Well...people DON'T go to McDonalds or ANY other fast food place to get super, healthy food.  We go there to get good tasting food very quickly.  We do NOT like ANYONE who thinks they can take my right away to a bigger than normal Coke or 12 extra french fries.  This is so insane.  You have sold your soul to politicians, special interest groups and frivolous, lawsuit seekers.  If you go through with this so called 'healthy statement' then I will go ANYWHERE else that sells me the truth.  The truth that I want a big, fat greasy burger with lots of unhealthy special sauce, wait....give me 2 of those...because I can.
sounds pretty accurate..... go to burger king! shun the sellout corporate supremos!!

:D
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
If you are like me...i get the Supasize at Mcdonalds...Biggie sized at Wendy's and I can't remember
what chain has the Upsized. The key is that I will just order 2 instead of the smaller one and they
will make more money. What about the 'self-serve' drink McDonalds where you have to help yourself?
Will they not let you get more of the health harming soft drinks?
Why even go to mcdonald's? Crapass, expensive burgers. If you live in cali go to an In-n-out, for four bucks you get a combo 5x better than Mcdonald's, a filling burger and lots of thicks not-soaked-in-grease fries, and a drink you can refill (they have real iced tea and lemonade there too $$$). On the east coast the equivalent to in-n-out is also really popular, I forget the name of it though :/

My point is there's no reason to go to mcdonald's and there never really was:PTheir food sucks.
is In-and-out the name of the chain?
If any of you haven't tried the new Hardy's angus beef burgers, they are the stuff and nothing else compares for fast food. I like mine just with ketcup and mustard, or if I take it home some a-1 sauce.
In-n-out isn't a chain, it runs on some weird system, maybe that's why it's so good^_^No corporate gain.

edit:

Quote:Hardy's

That's what people say is a lot like in-n-out! Hardy's doesn't exist on the west coast though, so I wouldn't be able to say so myself.
I like steak n shake, good fries, fresh made burgers, orgasmic shakes
uhhhh uhhhh ohhhhhhh yeaaaaa.....
I havent heard of any of those places. I guess thats why they make good food. The largest chain that makes good burgers at least here is licks. They have pretty large beef patties, if they told me its half a pound i would say no way, its at least 3/4 of a pound. About as many condoments as subway. The ice cream selection has about 20 flavors and they all can be turned into milkshakes. It is expensive tho. Fries, milkshake and burger will cost you like 10 bucks, but I think its worth it.
I love In-n-Out i would hang out there everyday after going to the beach when i used to live in California. I lived in Oceanside so another pretty popular place to hang was at Jack In The Box. Also Angelos burgers were alright too...but thats me. I miss those days of surfing and stealing the lifeguards coke...back in the day.^_^
McDonald's: Screwing people over one frie at a time.
there was a jack-in-the-box in san antonio near where i lived. i liked the diversity on the menu. i would get 2 egg-rolls, two tacos and a burger...it was great. not the best tasting food but options are always good. here (slc), the best fast-food burger chain is probably crown burger...they have great fries too. when i want fast food, i go to carls jr. or crown burger...unless i have a mcnuggets craving..and i get those pretty strong unfortunately...other than that, i hate mcdonalds...especially their new marketing gimickry ("i'm lovin' it"). making your restaurants look like they cater to rappers and pimps doesn't really do anything to get me in the door. but that's advertising today...making products look like they have 'street' credability is the norm now. like, is drinking a sprite-remix going to help get me some fly-booty hunnies? it's so annoying to have my favorite shows interupted by loud corporate hip-hop...thank god for the mute button.
around here I go to a place called Made Rites, its a mom and pop op. but they used to be all over but were slowly put out of biz by the burger giants, but we still have one and everyone goes there, if I dont go there I go to Hardys and get a burger that jabba was talking about, they are awesome (better then you can make at home) :thumb:I swear.
me ang g-boy talked about this before, in-n-out is the best fast food burger you will ever have, the double double animal style, fries and a soda or shake is the way to go. They grind they're meat and bake their bread fresh every day. I don't know why they haven't branched out yet

I think the east coast place acid was talking about is white castle and I've never been there, but I'd bet money they don't hold a candle to in-n-out!

and McDonald's licks balls! yeah they rocked when I was a kid when they had those awesome deep fried cherry pies, so hot that if you bit into them right away, they would burn your face off. Not to mention they had cool commercials that used to entertain me with Grimmace and cheeseburgler when I was little. What ever happend to Grimmace anyway? Did they boot him cause he was fat? Bastards!
They got rid of all the old characters. Hamburgler, that chick I havent even seen ronald mcdonald for a long time.
somebody said that ronald macdonald was dead(no really).
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
the guy who played the original ronald died. . .the character still exists, he's on a bunch of the commercials still anon. But the rest might as well have never existed, except of course when it comes to their funny tasting animal crackers, otherwise they wouldn't know what shape to make 'em.
I got my reply back from McDonald's on my email.

Quote:Hello Rob:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's. I am sorry you are disappointed with the elimination of the Super Size option at McDonald's. As you know, Super Sizing will be phased out in our restaurants by yearend.

At McDonald's, we are focused on delivering an exceptional customer experience. This effort includes providing a consistent and relevant menu, with a range of choices that support a balanced lifestyle. To achieve this, we will have a national core menu in all US restaurants by the end of 2004. This core menu, which has been under development since 2002, simplifies our menu and restaurant operations, and provides a balance of choices for our customers. A component of this initiative is the ongoing phase-out of the Super Size fry and Super Size drink options.

Super Size options will return to McDonald's menu in the future, but only as a limited-time-only special promotion.

Please know your comments on this change are important and have been shared with our Menu Management department for their ongoing review of our menu.

Again, I am sorry for any disappointment this decision may cause you. We value your business and hope we have the opportunity of serving you again soon.

Miriam
McDonald's Customer Satisfaction Department

ref#:1951518
wow I cant believe you got a reply, I cant even get a reply from valve for problems I am having with thier software.
Valve needs a Supersize option also. B)
They probably dont mean it but its just nice to get a reply from them. I dont know why they would get rid of it in the first place. If you want to eat healthy, dont order it. You can always expand your menu to have salads and stuff. They only draw back to that would be the room it would take up in the trucks/resturants but you always make that sacrifice in an effort to try and get more revenue.
oh come on it is an executive decision....they said they are going to use it as a promotional gimmick and they also figure those that use to 'supersize' will now just get two of everything.....worried about your health???? that is the part I wouldnt believe...I do believe they are glad you voiced your opinion...it justifies the specials they will run...proably even say "back by popular demand" because of PIX's letter.
LOL....I will save us all!!!
Eh, all I can say is if you ever have one of my ranch burgers fresh off the grill (a REAL grill, not some George Foreman pos) you'll never want to go back to any other. Needless to say, if I happen to have ground buffalo you'll just keel over right then and there.

Oh, and don't even get me started on steaks. Made with Stubb's spices, tastes BETTER than Stubb's steaks, and I tenderize the heck out of it so it's still pretty chewy but if you wanted you could eat it with a spoon. Hell, I did it when my middle brother first made one for me. :lol:Seriously though, if you've EVER seen Spongebob that's basically the deal. Maybe not so extreme as TLC but it's pretty damn close. You just can't cook with a timer and pressure/heat gauges. :D
I bet you would end up with McDonalds food if you used their raw ingredients. Cooking is all about having a feel for when something is done, gauges and timers are calibrated instruments, in essence a really reliable 'feel'. Plating is another matter though...
but it's soooooo gooooood..... I can't help it....
oh God, I'm lovin' it!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
bah maccy ds. go burger king, pay my wages.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!