Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricochet mapping
I made a map that has platforms circling around, so I used func_rotatings to make them circle. It seems that after a while the textures and platforms get out of synch, causing you to fall to your doom when you know you landed the jump. Then you look up and see someone else rotating on air. Grr...

The mp.dll that evil admin just posted helps... it used to start getting out of synch in about 15 minutes, now it's more like 30 minutes to an hour
(not exactly sure, haven't been bored enough to sit and watch that long).

Has anyone else run into this problem? It looks like most maps use func_trains for moving objects, and they don't seem to have the same problem. I know the quick answer is "Don't use func_rotating", does anyone have other suggestions?
In the desert I saw a creature, naked, bestial, Who, squatting upon the ground, Held his heart in his hands, And ate of it. I said, "Is it good, friend?" "It is bitter -- bitter," he answered; "But I like it." "Because it is bitter, And because it is my heart."
- stephen crane
do you have a dl link for the map, would like to see it
You can grab a copy here or from the 'My HL' section of my page.
In the desert I saw a creature, naked, bestial, Who, squatting upon the ground, Held his heart in his hands, And ate of it. I said, "Is it good, friend?" "It is bitter -- bitter," he answered; "But I like it." "Because it is bitter, And because it is my heart."
- stephen crane