Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UT2004 now shipping!
UT 2004 is now shipping and I should have it by Thursday so by the weekend I will try to get more pics up. Until then check out these 3 pics of the DVD Special Edition version with the headset.

http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MT...m1fMV8xX2wuanBn
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Amazing I payed for 3 day shipping since I was in no hurry for the game and I got it today. Nice case it comes in. I'm glad I got the dvd version. I don't have to mess with the 6 cd version. More details as I get them.

Ask away if anyone has a question.
will we ever see you again?:P

I will eventually get it. Its quite fun. How are the assualt maps? as good as the one in the demo?
that was nice and speedy, I bet if I tried the 3 day one I wouldn't see it for a few weeks lol

If you don't mind me asking, how much was yours total, I would like to figure out how much it will cost on my end.
I mean I just got it as in I got home from work today and it was inside my door. I have yet to even open the box.

I will be around the same amount I am now. There are alot better Assault maps from what I've seen and read including one that takes place in space.
Oh ya and how long will it take to install off a single dvd.. that is the one I would go for also, as you said, much better then installing off 6 CDs. I find installing off 2 CDs annoying lol
Took me about 10 minutes off of the DVD to install. Right now the biggest problem everyone is having is the loading of maps. Takes about a minute to join a server while it loads the map.

The reason it is 6 CD's is that you are basically getting UT 2003 along with 04. 03 came on 3 CD's so with that plus all of the new content is why it is so big. It is a 5.20 gig install.

Both editions of UT2004 have been retailing for $40. If you own UT2003 like myself then you are elgible for a $10 rebate. So basically it only cost me $30 for the game.

I have heard from a few that Best Buy will be selling the game for 29.99. If you want to buy the Special Edition version though (which is the dvd one) they wont be around long. They are very limited. According to Epic about 40,000 were going to be produced.

I don't know the conversion to canadian , but I guess you can figure that out.
It's probably about 5 - 10 more. I guess I will need a new HD to play it to ^_^
Do you need the dvd in the drive to play?

If there are only 40,000 copies of the DVD version, then I doubt I will be getting it. I just don't have the cash to spare right now because its all going towards the videocard, which I need to be able to play the game lol

Oh well, installing off of CD isn't all that bad.. just takes longer. :)
I cant get the DVD version anyway, I dont have a DVD rom.

I would have bought one during christmas but the family bought a dvd player, so i didnt really need it. I might buy one if a few more manufacturers decide to put their games on DVD's.

Edit: msg to gwar, if i had a credit card i would donate some to you. :thumb:
I would suggest getting a LG combo drive. It reads DVDs at 16x, its also a cd burner. It burns cds at 52x, reburns at 24x and reads CDs at 52x.

This way if you have 3 hard drives (like me) you can still read and write cds while being able to read dvds.

It also reads dvd burns (least from my friends dvd burner) so thats a big bonus.:)
Decided not to buy this game, UT2004 is like a crappier version of Tribes2.
You do need the DVD or CD in your drive to play. They did this with 2003 for a few months until a patch came out so that you didn't need to. I'm sure a No CD crack will be out shortly.