Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ADMIN ABUSE!!!
Well guys on friday night I was on vads DM1 and rush had an issue with me using rebound shots. So even though I argued that ALL my shots were meant for targets allready on the map(Not spawns), not to meantion asked him to watch as I ONLY SHOT AT LIVE TARGETS. Eventually I just started using decaps WITHOUT REBOUNDS. Now the server got really full and in the heat of things Miagi goot accidentally spwan decapped 2 X by me, again these were not rebounded shots....just straight shots across the map where the pad was FULL OF PEOPLE. So then Wha? comes in, catches the tail end of the conversation, after I had COMPLIED WITH EVERYONE THAT WHINED, and he booted me! When i came right back in I asked who booted me and he said he did. I explained that all I did was comply with everyone and his responce was "I JUST FELT LIKE IT. what kind of crap is that. I notice its always the people that are accustomed to having an edge on me that whine like this. I'm not here to whine about Rush or Miagi, we talked in game and I argued my points as they did theres, and in the end I just played a game they could npot argue with(Still owning by the way). But when someonw with admin privleges tells me they just felt like it it kinda blows. Makes me never want to play again, which sux since I get along quite well with everyone else. Plz someone talk to this guy before you lose another good player permanently.
That's not cool, Tizod is like... the nicest player in Ricochet too, he doesn't deserve that shit.
I'm sorry, but I watched you purposefully aim to spawn kill by rebounding off the back barriers and did so without a moving target despite your protests. As I was undercover at the time you chose instead to tell me I didn't know what I was doing and that I wasn't listening to you when in fact it was you who didn't listen to me.

One of your rebound shots did hit me on more than one occasion. If you intend to make a shot that could spawn kill make it a single shot, not tripple. It can be quite tempting to fire three shots improve your chances and yes the name of the game is ricochet, but like in CS if things seem to be being abused in themselves to lead towards an unbalanced game then it should be dealt with.

I'm sorry that you felt that's abuse... I feel that's managing the servers. And I'm sure the others would agree.
How is that not allowed? It's part of the map, just like a lot of bugs are allowed on CS maps (on normal servers at least).
dont feel bad....they have done it to me to.... iwas spamming disc's and i wasnt aiming for double kills..but yet they get all high and mighty and do things..kinda lame
Abuse? Nah... Wha is not one who would abuse admin. You killed me twice, the first time I figured it was an accident so I didn't say anything, second time I thought I'd let you know you were spawn killing me... From the way you shot me, it seem like you were running on the bottom pads shooting as you jump to spawn points because no one was on my pad I was at ;), I turned my decap'd head and looked and saw "Nada". Yes, there are "accidents" and usually a "SRY" will help, it doesn't kill you... As far as I know.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Another reason for me to not play on DM maps :p
In arena they have the timer that counts down from 5 to 0 and that is to allow ppl to spawn. They dont have that in DM so we have to protect spawnee's. I cant speak for what wha said or did but i cant tell you that rUsh and Wha are some of the best guys around. I've known wha almost all my life and attribute my intelligence, my mind, my gaming experiances as well as my sense of comedy to him as well as him being my best friend. I know rUsh because of wha and have known him for a few years now. Wha has taught me how to be an admin and probably had a hand in my upbringing as well. I dont tell rUsh and Wha how much i respect them as players and people, so when you take a shot at one of them, you have taken a shot at all of us in cake. I'll defend them for as long as I have to because I know they would do the same for me.
LOL all I can say Tiz is that I told you to stop but you called me a whinner when all I did was warn you that you could get kicked for that so I guess you brought that apon yourself.
K...Net...you are either a filthy liar or you don't know. Since before you got on the server, when rush and I talked, I made Damned sure to look and see if there was allready someone standind on either pad to the right or left of me before I shot.....if you spawned there and they moved thats just too bad. aside from that MR undercover...you told me in game that ist was decaps that got you. the server was god damned full....I took decap shots straight down the middle.....A LEGAL TACTIC. I get killed at the spawn in DM 1 like crazy, but if I ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ed about it every time no one would play! What I saw happen in DM1 tonight was every tactic I used got shot down. 1st rush tells me that I cant use a push disk double rebound that goes in the middle and to the other side. So he said use the decap. I did that and honestly killed like 12 peeps in the middle for every 1 ACCIDENTAL SPAWN DECAP on the far end. So then I started using ONLY STRAIGHT DECAPS WITH NO REBOUNDS, and that is when you chimed in about getting spawn killed. Guess what folks when the server is that busy accidental spawn kills are unavoidable. And like I said in the server, I was also personally spawn killed by EVERY player on at that time. The difference is I'm intelegent enough to figure out if it is intentional or not!! And net the 2nd of the 2 spawn kills that you ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ed about was from your own pad when I jumped in a circle chasing someone else. So you know what I'm gonna do now....I'm gonna bitrch like crazy every time I get spawned and mark it with XXX. then when yall trey and argue MY arguement in defence, well that's just too bad.
Too funny that I'm a liar. Nice to know.:) I used to be indecisive on that one, now I'm just not so sure.
blah blah blah flamewarz blah blah blah..this is retarded..who cares if he doublekills..accidents happen..what happend to the patch that didnt allow it....
Spawn killing is not a banable offense unfortunatley, but if you do want an admin, I'll always come to anyones aid who asks it. I have had run in with regular players and a couple of admins who did it as well. One of which was under alias and i kicked and he came back in under admin and cliamed abuse and said he would be on the forums in to time, not to sure why he didnt bring it to the forums, i was in the debate mood at the time. When he came back under admin I couldnt do a single thing and felt powerless. He just ruined the game for me. I love ricochet and its just not fair when someone forces an admin off the server, I felt like how you did tonight when you were kicked. You might say that i left of my own volition but this player made the game unfair for everyone on the server. A deathmatch player who doesnt rebound spawn kill like you were has worked very hard to kill at the same pace a rebound spawn killer is killing at and does it fairly. I know you play other shooters and if one of those shooters doesnt have spawn protection and needs it then it just sucks if someone is spawn killing. When your on a full server of 12 there are always people spawning in 4 spawn points, your going to get 3 points for hitting one of the people who are spawning. Chances are there will be another person ontop of that person who is going to fall into your 2nd or last disc. Thats 6 points that basically abused a bug, and that bug is no spawn protection. Your as powerless as if you were double killed, and we all agree that double killing is unacceptable.
soulsolution,Mar 12 2004, 10:20 PM Wrote:blah blah blah flamewarz blah blah blah..this is retarded..who cares if he doublekills..accidents happen..what happend to the patch that didnt allow it....
we fixed that, he is spawn killing.
um...so what..i spawn kill if i see somebody spawn right there...its part of the game..called tactics....what do you want him to do..wait till the other person moves...he cant be at 4 spawn points at 1 time so its not like you cant move
soulsolution,Mar 12 2004, 10:43 PM Wrote:um...so what..i spawn kill if i see somebody spawn right there...its part of the game..called tactics....what do you want him to do..wait till the other person moves...he cant be at 4 spawn points at 1 time
Now hes getting it, yes let the other person get away. I only kill ppl when i spawn because if i dont they kill me. If I know they wont kill me so i dont kill them. Dont say it doesnt work, because on sevs server there was no spawn killing, on cake lan parties there was no spawn killing and on Miagi's server, no spawn killing.
its called rules of engagement. probably shouldn't have to shoot as soon as you spawn and as I saw tonite, could tell when someone was spawning. Just cause you do it doen't mean its ethical.
well whatever...letting somebody get away is just a chance for you to die..we are not talking about other servers
We have made it work on this server. If one of us is on, and the numbers arent to high, there is no spawn killing.
still lame
Here is something that you have to understand, I told wha this and I will let everyone else know, If an admin tells you/warns you to stop doing something. Then stop, don't question, don't argue, be extra careful. The admin is there to have fun also. You also have to remember that the admin may have played with you prior to whatever altercation mite have happened. That may have something to do with people being disciplined. I know that I don't have the same tolerance with some people as others. Grits has seen fit to overlook this fault in me and keep me around. hmmm.l;This is not a democracy, the servers are there for Grits, then her admins, then the people that she feels would make HER servers fun for her. Other than Grits, we are all expendable. I'm always amazed at people that want to change everything to the way they are,but don't want any responsibility for there actions.
MY head hurts From Reading Jabba's Big words. I guess that what happens when your 14:(.
well anon i though u figured it out but w/e, the guy was me. THIS IS MY WAY TO ENJOY FROM DM AS I SAID!
u want me just to quit dm cuz u don't like my game style there? u think its fair that i can't play in my way when its part of the game? tbh i think not. i will play how ever i want as far that im enjoy it. Like ppl spam on Arena, its part of the game, just deal with it.

and the allias was Scout.
It was you and another player, who luckily has come around. Shalk im not opposed to you using push discs and shooting as many as you want. Its not at all like arena, you have played arena with me and i have never once said anything about your spam, why? Because its perfectly legal. The problem is when you take that one shot, it kills people who are just spawning and have no chance of getting out of the way of the disc. That is what we are opposed to, not the fact that you are shooting more then once at a time, the fact that you are killing spawns who have no chance of getting out of the way of the discs. Since arena has the timer that allows you to spawn then spawn killing is not an issue in arena but it is in DM. You say its a style, but its practically bug abuse. The player is as defenceless as if there dead body was shot with a push disc (before the fix was implemented).
on arena im not spamming alot. On dm i am, so what? i still think u should give the players a chance to play how ever they want to make fun
As I recall Shalk, everytime I play you in arena you complain about my 'spamming' and tell me to quit. what is the difference between that and someone asking you not to spam in DM?
evil with u im just joking:Pu know that:)
we are reviewing the logs I will update everyone later

Here is my take so far.

Tiz is a nice player and he was warned.
Wha? had every right to kick him, I just wish he had not replied "I felt like it" a true explanation or none at all would have probably kept it out of the forums but like wha? mentioned it would have led to unending debate in game and that is never any fun.

I personally hate spawn killing and have come into DM and been killed numerous times in a row before I ever get a chance to move.

Admin or player....it had better be on accident. When you set up, either by pad camping or by ricocheting the shots off of 3 rails from across the map,....spawn killing is spawn killing and against the DM rules. I have spawn killed before....sometimes it happens...'sorry' makes it known that I didnt do it on purpose...but if I have to say sorry more than twice, then I should double think my strategy.
bottom line admins are there to keep the game running smoothly....habitual spawn killing will not be tolerated by anyone.
After months and months of listening to people complain and moan, I think it is time for this to be said.

Just because you go out and buy a copy of a game (like half-life) and download a mod (like Ricochet) you DO NOT instantly get the right to do or say whatever you want on a server. Do you really think you have the right to play on any server you want? Nope, sorry but you don’t. That little WONID/STEAM ID of yours isn’t a magical gateway to do whatever the heck you want. The fact of the matter is, whatever server you go to you are a guest there and need to treat people with respect. If you come over to my house and talk shit about my dog do you think I’m going to sit there and take it? Heck no! I’m going to kick your bony little butt out the front door and smack you over the head a couple of times along the way.

Every gaming server out there is a privilege and as such can be taken away from you in a blink of an eye. Behind these servers/forum are people who work their ass of like Grits/Gwars/Evil/etc. and spend money on the hardware like Grits just so people have a place to play/talk. If one of their friends decides that they don’t want you around, then they can kick your ass out. They don’t have to give you a reason why nor do they need to explain their actions to you. If you have a problem with it then that’s exactly what it is, YOUR PROBLEM! Don’t come to this server “demanding” an explanation or complaining and moaning about how “it’s not fair”. Who the heck said that we have to be fair?!? Last time I read the server files for RC it said nothing about server admins having to be fair. Fact of the matter is few things in life are fair, and what your opinion is of fair might not match the admins. The sooner you come to grips with this the sooner you’ll begin to realize what it’s like to be an adult.

And then there are the whiners about “admin abuse”. The admins of the server/forum are the ones who have the rights, not you. For those who still disagree with me, then let me put it to you like this:

You and some friends are driving along and decide to pick up a hitchhiker. He seems nice at first, then all of a sudden starts complaining that you are driving too slow. Then he begins to start making fun of your car and your friends. Now lets see, are you going to just sit there and take it or are you going to stop and kick him out of your car? No wait!!!! You can’t do that!!! That’s “abuse”!!! That hitchhiker is in your car now and has the right to decide when he comes and goes and he can say and do whatever the heck he feels like right??? Sorry, it doesn’t work that way.

If you want to have the privilege to play on a server/forum, you have to earn it and respect the people who build and maintain it. As soon as you don’t, that privilege will no longer be available to you.

Venting session over……for now…..

Provided by Quickening
its funny watching people make a scenaro that has nothing to do with the game..this is a game, not reallife..the chances are if you hve a friend come over quick and he talks shit to your dog...you wont kick him out jsut the simple fact he is your friend and you wouldnt risk the chances of losing him as one over a dog..