Poll: Do Ya?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
34.29%
12 34.29%
No
54.29%
19 54.29%
Whats PB?
11.43%
4 11.43%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you pb?
Reciprocity,May 9 2004, 04:56 AM Wrote:the pb revolution has started....now if we could only lessen how much this game costs to play....
yeah... suprising amount of people started playing too.... i like to think its all my own doing... <_< and to the cost... we should start like..... field some where..... and like make it cheap enough but get enough money to get by... that would be interesting......
after you get a gun and upgrade it blah blah...it doesnt cost that much to play..only paintballs do.. if you get good paintballs like Evil..that goes around 60$ for 2000 rounds..
only....lol man thats a lot of money to play a sport. 14$ for a basketball and your set. You have to also include field costs, and at most fields you cant use your own paint, so figure on at least 100 bucks to go play.
It's an expensive sport, but a lot of sports are. I would imagine it costs about as much as golf. Hockey would cost more, but deffinatley more expensive then baseball or soccer or basketball.
Reciprocity,May 9 2004, 02:12 PM Wrote:only....lol man thats a lot of money to play a sport. 14$ for a basketball and your set. You have to also include field costs, and at most fields you cant use your own paint, so figure on at least 100 bucks to go play.
the field gods don't allow you to use your own paint balls? does the ground fear paint that you didn't buy from someone who runs a paintball place? Does the forest that is easily available for free to roam through but is never travelled hates those store-bought sphere's of colourful pain?

I think not.
I don't see any point in that last post. If you want to go play on a nice field you go to a paintball field, very few, and I mean few, fields will allow you to bring your own paint to play there. Most will kick you out, and tell you never to return if you do so. I have seen it happen. If you can find a large piece of property someone might kindly allow you to play on, then so be it, although I haven't been so lucky. Even to play at home 55-65 bucks a case, and then you need air.

Such as this field, where my team plays.
http://www.captncarls.com/pages/info/field...ld_pricing.html
seeing as I don't play often enough I wouldn't know these things. . but there's a forest right near my house that is rarely used and would be perfect for pbing. Apparently such places aren't as abundant outside of BC. I guess forestry is a pretty big industry here.
My friends built a field out of plywood barricades and all kinds of stuff. Took them about 2 weeks of serious work to get this done, when we went to go play, a guy rode up on an atv, said he didnt want to be held responsible if any injuries were incurred, understandable, and said get the f off this property. It was in the middle of nowhere with jack but trees nearby, and we figured we'd get a great place to play from there, but nope.

The coolest place I've gotten to play in yet was an old abandoned warehouse. Its near a river bed and the water would come up into the building, and was thus abandoned. The water brought mud and caked a good layer of dirt over the concrete. In the building were cars, a real old destroyed porsche, a giant printer, bookshelves, truck bed liners, plywood, everything you can imagine to provide cover. It was so much fun. Only downer on the day was getting a piece of glass wedged in my knee, which I didnt even feel because of the adrenaline from playing. Heh, but believe me I felt it later.:D

The next time we went down to play the place was closed off. :(
there is this old 3 story school here in town and I was telling soul it would be awesome to try and buy it and turn it in to a CS style paintball park, could make up senarios like in CS and have the teams complete them. the people that worked at the place could be the hosties and refs, and I could set up a PB store in one of the old rooms.
this would be so cool..but like i said before #1 cost to much #2 i think people would complain like "omg not another colombine"..but other than that i want:D
fritoman,May 13 2004, 11:56 AM Wrote:there is this old 3 story school here in town and I was telling soul it would be awesome to try and buy it and turn it in to a CS style paintball park, could make up senarios like in CS and have the teams complete them. the people that worked at the place could be the hosties and refs, and I could set up a PB store in one of the old rooms.
will you wear your tron suit when you play?
lmao...sheesh..cant believe people actually believed that was him ^^....eheh if he does im not hangin around him again :lol:
hmm... be nice..... or ill shoot you where it wont grow back:P
:huh: that can be anywhere lol...anyways..hopefully me and frito will go pb'ing before month is over:D
yeah soul said he wants me to try out my new gun on him, :upto:hehe
play six inches with em until you get a date set! then post pictures of your arms!!
well i got to shoot frito's tippmann custom 98 man o man...thats gonna hurt...but i can fire faster than frito with that gun...plus i can fire just as fast with mine since i have a double trigger bwahah >:)

teehee..his tree is pink and green now
did you play six inches yet?
waht is six inches?
this is what I want my gun to look like when I am done.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

putting the gun six inches awayf rom the guys arm.... nice fried snack just the remote annoys me :/
ok ya rel..thats just retarded...i had a brass eagle "those pumps" pressed directly against my arm and shot...that bruise was there for 1 month....if you did something like that with my or frito's gun..its gonna break the skin
i wanna have a pb war setup like the militia map..that would be fun
next time you come up we will go out to my sis in laws and check it out and play alittle :P
i was hit in july last year and i still have a scar :x. He was shooting hot..and i bunkered him...but he shot me, after i got him, in the arm from 3 feet away :/...not fun...
see... its the best time on earth.
hehehe.....well for my gun im thinking about gettin the AKA Lightning Bolt..with a Autococker rear cocking bar
i want the esp ipi 3.0 trigger system for my gun..but thats like 100$ so i wont be gettin that anytime soon..and maybe a new expansion chamber
sorry..thats a isi 3.0 :>....theres a few things im gonna be doing to my gun this year..dunno when tho..when i get my camera ill take some pics..and im gonna help frito upgrade his stuff sometime
i already posted a pic of what I want to do to mine woohoo. its gonna be kick ass.
the main thing you want is a flatline barrel and a remote...if you want you can go LP "low pressure" which my gun is...it stores air in the grip so it doesnt waste it...thats why im gettin a AKA Lightning Bolt for my gun..it improves air flow and its really good for LP guns