Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
70k Avatar and Sig size limit
Starting now there is an avatar size limit and a sig image size limit of 70k each. What this means is that you can have an image as large as 70k for your avatar and a total image limit of 2 that combine upto 70k for your sig.

Please keep sig visual image size reasonable. No more then 500pixels wide and 100pixels tall is a reasonable size for each image for a combind max size of 70k

OR you can have one sig image that is 500pixels wide and 250pixels tall and a max size of 70k for that one image.

3 or 4 really small sig images are ok, but please keep them small.

For example...

My avatar is 17.2k in size and is 150 pixels wide by 167 pixels tall.
My sig images are a total of 11.2k for the Dragon and Mech one which is 480 pixels by 60 pixels and 20.7k for the Help Gwars one which is 400 pixels by 60 pixels.

Remote uploading is now back on. If your avatar or sig image(s) are currently larger then the limits, please change them. If you upload an Avatar or Sig image(s) that are larger then the limits and you don't remove them when asked, your avatar and sig privileges will be removed.

Thank you for your time
Why aren't bmps allowed?
cause .bmp can get huge..like over 1mb depending on the pic
So what? There are size limits, Avatar I was planning on using is a 27kb bmp, but I guess I'll have to turn it into jpg for less quality :/
I am not sure if that is actually the finally decision, hold off a few acid_head
I will check on the status of the whole situation
_Acid_Head_,May 14 2004, 11:59 PM Wrote:So what? There are size limits, Avatar I was planning on using is a 27kb bmp, but I guess I'll have to turn it into jpg for less quality :/
I missed this whole thing, but jpg's do not offer less quality. The only offer less quality depending on how much compression you use to get the filesize down. Overall JPG's are a lot better than BMP's because they offer both size and quality. And what is the final outcome ?
I say we up it to 127 kb :P