Poll: Would you like to have a TeamSpeak server for the community?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes Can I be admin there?
14.29%
2 14.29%
Yes I will definitely be there!
28.57%
4 28.57%
Yes but I may not ever use it so my opinion doesn't really matter.
35.71%
5 35.71%
No I don't think they are useful.
21.43%
3 21.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEAM SPEAK SERVER
Holdouts says I can get us a TeamSpeak server if we want one.
What do you think?
Have you ever used one?
i say go for it..sounds pretty cool
team speak servers are pretty cool, I used one when i was in the LW clan, problem was they always wanted to use it to cheat in game so it got old quickly.
i may never use it. . . .you know. . considering I don't really know what they are. someone told me once but I had no use for that information. but then again I never used irc before. (although I knew what it was)
check out the link in my original post but the reader's digest version of an answer is it is chatting like in game but without a game going. So for those of you that have a problem typing it is mIRC for verbal exchange. I think it would be a good idea so that I won't have to keep paying such extreme amounts on my phone bill to talk to the players who don't reside in the states.
I would have no use for it myself. I have heard some good things about them. I would prefer IRC over it though.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
fritoman,May 10 2004, 01:27 PM Wrote:team speak servers are pretty cool, I used one when i was in the LW clan, problem was they always wanted to use it to cheat in game so it got old quickly.
lol frito i remember our L.w days...:lol:

I think it would be good though.
Personally I'm not fond of Mic programs and ingame chat. Like was mentioned cheating because easier with it and there are no logs for it that you can quickly go back and check to see what people said.

Also with an external program like this an admin will have to leave his game to kick/ban someone from that program. Not so bad with steam because they can alt tab out and keep their sound, but not so good with won because is you alt tab you can kiss your sound goodbye.

It is a free addition that you can at least try out for a bit. People will have to download the team speak client to use it.
so basically. .. it's mirc with mics?
yeah basically and it is international and no charge if you have internet access
it would be cool to find out how all the different people sound, but soul says I dont sound anything like I do on the Mic so it wont be too accurate.
sounds good to me since I can't get my mic to work on the cs servers...you can all hear my sexy voice
sounds pretty cool. . it'll be like a telephone with well over 3-way talking or whatever it's called. considering I don't really ever stop talking on cs, i might not annoy as many people this way hehe:p
Gump,May 11 2004, 03:31 PM Wrote:sounds good to me since I can't get my mic to work on the cs servers...you can all hear my sexy voice
LOL and hear him scream like a girl when you run him over with a mac truck on jeep rally2, or was that boatseason.

Hmm, Team speak wouldn't matter to me because if Im not mistaking, which I'm not, no one here has yet heard me on the mic B).
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

lol nm. . my post is void now.
sounds gd.... except that the other comp users in the same room might get annoyed. Also even english people find it hard to understand my mic voice, a combination of yorkshire, essex, westcountry farmerboy nd indescribable growl.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]