Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shattered Galaxy
http://www.sgalaxy.com

Its pretty fun, its addicting, and best of all its free.
All you have to do is to download it (around 150mb) and make a character.
This game doesn't require good computer to run, most of the time the lag is caused by the connection of your internet.

I would say this is a Starcraft-ish game with a touch of RPG elements.
In this game there are three factions, fighting for pieces of land called "provinces."
At any time when two players or a few players of two different factions meet in a province a battle insues, and reinforcements from their respective factions can arrive from anywhere, as long as the person is somehow able to walk there without going through enemy territory.
In fact, battles can have up to fifty players fighting at the same time!

Your units have the ability to level up accordingly as you gain experience after each battle, allowing them to use better armor/weapons or upgrade into a better unit type.
Also, while it seems your units have "died" and that you can't replace them, no worries, every unit that "dies" somehow just stays "unconscious" until you repair them in the factory.
Each unit is part of one of the four divisions, which are Infantry, Mobility, Aviation, and Organic.
As you gain unit experience, you will also gain experience in these divisions, and when you level up in each division you get one point that you can distribute to four types of attributes.

These four attributes determine many things, and they are: Tactics, Clout, Education, and Mechanical Aptitude.
Every 20 points you deal in Tactics you are able to deploy one more unit on the field, when at default you will only deploy 6 units.
Clout allows you to increase "unit quality," it is the way units are upgraded and the higher it is the higher you can upgrade. Upgrades can increase many things of a unit, including speed, hitpoints, and armor.
Basically, if you have a lot of Clout you will have very tough units compared to people with no clout. Every 2 Clout you obtain gives one UQ for every unit.
Education allows you to gain "tech level," this determines how high you can go in on the weapons/armor, if you have a higher Education than everyone else you will have much better weapons, armor, engines, etc. Every 2 Education will also give you one tech level for every unit.
Finally, Mechanical Aptitude is an attribute that determines how much weight a unit can carry. The more weight you have, the more heavier armor and equipment your unit can carry. Each point of Mech Apt will increase weight by one on every unit.

You have an option of paying $10/month for extra options such as more experience per battle and more offensive ability.

... and if you've played this game before or are right now, post, so I can somehow contact you in-game. :)
If you've played Starcraft or any furture-ish game this game should be enjoyable.
t|'.'t|
Is the download a demo?
you used to have to pay for this game. I played it since later beta and then bought it. . because it had to be bought. and then it needed money per year to play it or something. Then I quit, and my dad quit when the subscription ran out. and we didn't get it since... because it costs money. So they just decided to make it downloadable now? and rip me off!
Yeah, full version is downloadable.
You get unlimited play time and no level limits, the fee is just if you want an advantage over the non-paying folks.
(I'd say only 1 in 5 ppl that play actually pay, at least in the beginner world)
t|'.'t|