Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
with what d'you play ricochet?
Please tell us your config for playing, as: cordless mouse, joypad or stick..keyboard? what the best for ricochet and you ?
For all HL mods, I mostly stick with the default buttons. For forward/backward/strafe I use the WASD keys. I use a cordless optical mouse (if I turn sharply to the left it stops working... it could be my mousepad though, it changes from blue to white as you go left, that can mess with optical). Any other buttons for other games are generally the default, except in CS I set the Q button to buy primary ammo so I just tap it a few times and I'm set to go. I think the best button for voicecomm is ALT (I'll use voicecomm if playing with a friend), but unfortunately I'll accidentally hit TAB while holding ALT occasionally, and naturally that minimizes HL, and I lose sound. So I had to change that setting to B I think. Never use it much anyway, not to mention CS and DoD aren't working for me right now :angry:
Well I am not one for using conventional ways...so I adjust all my settings. Basically here's the rundown of them.

up arrow = forward
down arrow = back
left arrow = strafe left
right arrow = strafe right

Then in cs I have some bound scripts onto F1 - F9 for buying stuff.

In Rico I use my mouse on sensitivity of 20+ and the arrow keys. I just use the keys for moving and the mouse for turning.

In TFC and CS I do the same thing....and I have alt as my duck key and control as a bound Jump and Duck at the same time key....but occasionally I hit the windows key...or like gboy hit tab while holding alt......bad times.
I'm a lefty and I use the same keys as cloud :)for ricochet
Quote:up arrow = forward
down arrow = back
left arrow = strafe left
right arrow = strafe right
up arrow = forward
and my mouse (left hand) is set on sensitivity of 5 (guess I am not as 'sensitive' as cloud) this is very convenient set up for a lefty no real manipulations of the keyboard space and no shoulder tendonitis keeping both hands so close together
Duck is alt key and you use arrows for moving? Your hands are bigger than mine... I'd have to take my hand off the arrow keys to hit alt, and even if you didn't, it must not be comfortable. Unless you're a lefty like GRITS and use your thumb to reach over. Or you have a laptop size keyboard...
Arrow keys seems extremely inconvenient for a right-handed person...
Sharing your HL mouse sensitivity is frivolous at best. When will people get this through their heads? We all have different software and hardware settings outside of HL. Therefore, GRITS mouse could be more sensitive than Cloudfuel's even though Cloud's is set 15 higher than GRITS in Half-Life...

Anyway, I use all the standard keys. I have used the WASD configuration since Tribes so any game that does not use that configuration get's reconfigured so that it does:)
Yay I'm sensitive....lol. Anyway nox...I use like 15 - 30 depending on the mouse....but I'm always higher than nearly everyone...no matter what mouse it is. I turn sharper and I try not to have to work too hard at it...so the higher the sens. the easier. Also I play guitar so my hand stretches pretty damn far...I can go from delete to space bar easily....heh
I use the same basic setup for all of my half-life games but for Ricochet I have to down to the basics.

Forward = F
backward = R
strafe left = D
strafe right = G

I use my mouse for turning and firing. My sensitivity is set to 110 now and no i'm not kidding.

BTW, I'm a Lefty too (We're gonna take over the world starting with the Ricochet servers WAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHH **cough** **cough** HAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHE) I have my mouse on the right as thats just what I'm used to. All through school everything was set up for right handers and all my close local friends are right handers (least the ones with computers) so I just got used to it being on the right side.

But I have worked on my uncles computer alot and hes has his mouse on the left as he is a lefty too (90% of my family is leftys) So I'm basically used to using it on both sides.
i generally use the basic keyboard configuration with a normal mouse with mousewheel

Sensitivity is at 42 right now....i find it gets choppy if i set it much higher. Besides this is the perfect number to stop at and is a fair bit higher than what i started with can't remember what but somewhere between 3 and 5.5.

i occasionally play without a mouse in which case i use:
WASD keys for moving
Arrow keys for turning/aiming
and the Enter<- key for fireing
i prefer keyboard
I use a stick. I kinda poke my monitor hoping for the best.