Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more clans = more matches...
i dunno.. i was just thinkin.. uT and RiP are really the only clans that compete with each other.. we need more clans that can compete. its just.. clan wars with only 2 clans seems to be more of a status thing rather than a clan thing to me.. maybe thats just me.. but what do u all think? Im willing to start a competing clan.. i just dunno who to recruit lol..

oh.. and has anyone contacted any sites to try to get vadavaka.com linked.. maybe counter-strike.net or sumthin... this could help with the problem above.. ill do it if ya want. i can go huntin fer places to link our great community..

-Powered By GOD
[CAKE] is actually in competition too they are just a small clan so not as many matches set up

I don't know anything about linking us to different web pages....I love that you have offered and now that we have a few more arena servers there are more places for people to play...maybe this is how CS ended up with 40K servers...people like you making the offer to help...

I also say...decide what you want from your clan members and then post on the "looking for a clan thread" I see Trippy is looking for a clan and he is a great player and seems to have his head on straight...I take that back.....somewhat straight...he is a might trippy sometimes :P

Thanks AntiX let me know what you need from me
GRITS
It would be nice, but I think the reason there are only two large clans is dictated by the amount of regular players. One reason we both have limits on membership is because it would suck to gobble up every good player, what's the point? Anyway, some remain clanless, so I guess there is room for a third clan. pr0 was around for a while as a competitive third clan, but never really took off again. So I guess the message is, go for it. Might be nice to have another large clan. And CAKE definitely has competitive players.
Well with the linking and stuff.. im sure i can get a hold of sumone who runs the counter-strike.net.... i think his name is cliffe or sumthin.. but im positive he would help endorce RC... but im not really sure what im gonna do with a clan.. maybe its a bit unrealistic right now to get another large clan started.. because there is a shortage of regular players.. but ill look around and see if there are enuff people to start a decently sized clan.. then im all for it. but if i have ur permision grits i can try to get vadavaka.com linked on some popular sites.
I can post a list of people we were either looking at or had shown interest in joinin us just so you'll know the names of a few clan-less people who would be into having a clan...
that would save me some time.. considering i would probley ask in game lol B)
check out this link it was set up for clans looking for players and players looking for clans.
About the linking.. I'm not sure having a link on a CS page would be a good idea. It would basically be an advertisment, so the right audience has to recieve it. We all hear the words "CS is way better", "why don't you play CS", etc on a daily basis. A link would probably get a bunch (several hundred thousand) of 12 year old CSers spamming counter-strike.net with emails about how ricochet is undeserving of webspace, asking why that link is there (with questions composed of "F*** YOU!!!11!1" and the like) if you catch my drift.

It's still worth a shot, but don't count on counter-quake heads and bullet-lovers suddenly changing their minds about what a good game is, just like we don't when somebody makes the astute observation that ricochet, contrary to popular belief, is in fact NOT counter-strike, and heroicly informs everybody else to save them from the clutches of satan.

::PostScript::
I'm for the idea, just make sure counter-strike.net isn't the only site.
I say planethalflife would be a better shot.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Especially since at least one of them liked it.
There was a rico server named PlanetHalfLife.com that I saw in the past week. I don't see it now but I know it was there.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Ok AntiX do what you need to do.....you are the official PR guy now...thanks...let me know where you end up linking us....

I was also wondering if maybe when Beastie gets back he can write up something and send it off to Planethalflife as an introductory sort of piece.
awsome stuff.. i totally agree with you wha.. i was hesitant of this idea for the fact of a lot of Cs'ers are EXTREMLEY ill mannered... but i think it would would be nice to get some CS vets(considering they are usually the nice ones).. I started playin RC cause i was playin cs fer soooo long.. and its something new B).. But planethalflife.com would be a great idea :lol:.. Im all for beastie helpin out with this! I sent off an email to cliffe, since i think he runs the cs website, concerning a kind of advertisment for RC.. but i have high hopes that they will have no problem ^_^.. if they do.. then ill throw a disc at their head! But ill keep everyone updated when they reply.

P.S.
Grits.. what is PR?? im sure ill feel like a dumbass after u tell me.. but.. tell me anyways :lol:
Sorry about that AntiX

Public Relations
the business of inducing the public to have understanding for and goodwill toward a person, firm, or institution; also : the degree of understanding and goodwill achieved

you are gonna help promote us and the ricochet community and show them what nice guys we really are and how much fun rico is all the famous people and big firms have them...now we do too:D