Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New image I'm working on
309k image that is a work in progress. Jpg is only 1000x1000, the image I am working on in photoshop is 4000x40000 Still have stuff to add in though

http://www.vadavaka.com/temp/sunrise_1000_1000.jpg
Great use of the lighting there GB. I like it.

Just messing around with it right now. I am gonna put in a small moon, maybe 2. Might put in a ship or a space station or something.
Here is a new one, its only 161k this time but still 1000x1000

http://www.vadavaka.com/temp/sunrise_1000_1000_02.jpg

Still not happy with the image, not sure what I want to put in there. This might take me a few days.
*clap clap clap!*
looks good but i dont think you can copy write that
Actually yes I can, the over all image is mine, someone else made the ship model. Even if I didn't put the copyright symble in there the image would still be mine. And unless I give permission no one can use it except for me.

Even photos like the one from Fritos dad are copyright. If I was to use that in something I would have to get permission first or else he could sue me, as long as he had proof that the original image was his.

I've been through all this copyright stuff years and years ago. I know how to cover my butt and how to protect my rights.
even if it is copywrited by you i can still take the ships\planets and use them myself

:/ copywrite material is a big mess >_<

edit> btw is that homeworld? that game is freakin hard
No its not Homeworld.

The ships were rendered in Poser 5 put into the image after the render which took about 5 minutes or so. It was a free download off the net somewhere with no txt file so I have no idea who created it. I'm sure with a little digging I could find the creator. So sure you could use the ship if you can find the download off the net.

The rest of the image is 100% pure photoshop 7. The planet, the moons, nebula, star and everything else except for the ships were made by me. :) Which means you could not use those planets without my permission. :)

The PSD file is sitting around 80 megs at the moment. A quality 12 jpg would be around 12 to 15 megs I think.
damn..how did you make those planets ..they are pretty nice..i would tone down the lens flare abit but the rest looks pretty sweet
Looks great, but I liked it more w/o the ships..looked more like a pic you would use for desktop or something.
This is a couple of my earlier ones when I used to make all my planets and stuff by hand.

[Image: space-0003.jpg]

I never quite got them perfect.

The next one I made a little too egg shaped by mistake. ^_^
[Image: space-0002.jpg]

If anyone is interested I would be more then happy to make a desktop image with just the planets in what ever screen rez you want.

The image is 4000x4000 at the moment and I can easy cut it down to size to what ever is needed. Just tell me the width and hight that you would like. Been thinking of using that as my desktop myself, but not sure. Also been thinking of using it as the into to my webpage too.
For those interested in desktop images of this picture here ya go.

[Image: sunrise_320_240.jpg]

800x600 jpg 133k

1024x768 jpg 220k

1280x960 jpg 353k

2048x1536 jpg 810k
Its a nice pic alright. I just cant bring myself to rid of my HL2 wallpaper. :wub:
what if I put in the HL2 symble for ya, would that help? hehe
When i saw the first sunrise image, it reminded me of Eve Online. Maybe you should check out some SS's and Wallpapers from there, it could help you get some ideas. Heres one I downloaded a while back (Wallpaper 2.3meg approx). I noticed that they have stars and more planets in the background (imo, the more detail you put into the stars, the more the planet will stand out). More depth in your sunrise image would be better.
Looks great!