Poll: Pick your favorite
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
HL2/Ricochet Arena/NS/TS/CS/UT2004
6.90%
2 6.90%
HL2/Ricochet Arena/Ricochet DM/TS/CS/UT2004
0%
0 0%
HL2/Ricochet Arena/Ricochet DM/NS/CS/UT2004
3.45%
1 3.45%
HL2/Ricochet Arena/Ricochet DM/TS/CS/UT2004
3.45%
1 3.45%
HL2/Ricochet Arena/Ricochet DM/NS/TS/UT2004
6.90%
2 6.90%
HL2/Ricochet Arena/Ricochet DM/TS/CS/NS
34.48%
10 34.48%
HL2/Ricochet DM/NS/TS/CS/UT2004
6.90%
2 6.90%
HL2/Ricochet DM/ doesn't really matter to me
10.34%
3 10.34%
HL2/HL2/Ricochet Arena/Ricochet DM/CS/TS
27.59%
8 27.59%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too many servers?
We have 6 servers and since won is gone at the end of the month and HL2 is coming out soon (so rumours say) and some of us are playing other mods too......
I really don't want to get rid of the servers we have (we get a great deal from HOLDOUTS) so thought I would get some input from the community on what we are playing these days.

We will have a Ricochet server and HL2 server (at least one) so they are in every choice and I may have left off some combination, you are welcome to write it in
Ricochet DM = multimap server not just DM (but there is another option for you):lol:
I chose HL2/Ricochet Arena/Ricochet DM/TS/CS/NS because I don't use UT2004. And I play rico, ts, cs and ns - perhaps I will buy HL2.
[Image: olbestlogo5tq.jpg]
Thanks QOLIM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: olbest.png]
Went with HL2/HL2/Ricochet Arena/TS/CS
I was thinking start out with two HL2 servers, but there are going to be some awesome mods for HL2 that we could change one server too. Also there will be all the new CS2 and all those.
Tough call, I play all of those games. Including HL2 ;)

I voted HL2 rico/rico DM doesnt matter
i went with olbest but now I read quicks and he has a good point. but You can switch any server over to an hl2 mod, and I won't be getting hl2 right away ehe:p
After carefully looking at the above choices for... 5 minutes... I took another 5 minutes to stare blankly at the monitor then chose the last option :wacko::blink:, which was a few hours ago.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

On comment for the two CS servers i have an idea. We can have one of the servers running regular maps (ie. Dust, Aztec, etc...). The other map can run custom maps (ie. Jeep Rally, Airninja, etc...).
I chose HL2/Ricochet Arena/Ricochet DM/NS/CS/UT2004 because I'm gonna get UT2004 soon ;)
But then almost no one here plays it so my 2nd choice would have been the last one.
that's all fine and well wanksta but, I don't see an option for 2 cs servers:P
I don't see a point in having 2 CS servers when one barely gets any play. I have not voted yet cause I am trying to see what is good for all of us. I don't play NS or CS (though I might again when CS/S comes out) yet I would vote for them since alot of others do.

In other words don't vote for yourself try to think of the whole picture.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
well...it says pick YOUR favourite i assumed that by choosing whichever you want, by the end, we'll have an accurate display of which is more popular, and that in turn is the set-up that will be used!
I saw it on the www.vadavaka.com thing. I think. Check again.
an ns server would be good... love the game and the last few times i checked (admittedly some time ago) reinths server had gone from permanently full to permanently empty.... its nice to recognise a name or two.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
Olbest,Jul 14 2004, 11:44 AM Wrote:I chose HL2/Ricochet Arena/Ricochet DM/TS/CS/NS because I don't use UT2004.
Be nice, let the Ut's have their server!
I want UT! can some one *lend me the approppriate funds for purchasing this game?

*term used loosely, very loosely
Me too please... could someone award a special prize for me and FF for unspecified good deeds???

im sure i can dredge something up... wait!!! A blind man helped me across the road the other day!! that do??
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
Even though I have UT2004 and play it a bunch I personally would not vote for it yet cause we don't have the players for it or enough players interested in it.. I hate seeing empty servers especially when you are paying for one like myself or Grits. Grits likes it so that is why it is in the options. I would love to see more people play it especially the mods for it.

Right now the intrest is in CS, NS, and TS, and Rico (for now anyway).
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Ok I know it looks like we should have HL2/Ricochet Arena/ Ricochet DM/TS/CS/NS and your votes really do make a difference.....I think we will start the "steam" run next month with
Ricochet Arena/Ricochet DM/TS/CS/NS/UT2004 and we will see how it goes when HL2 comes out which server we will replace
thanks a bunch for all the input
I like NS!

:P
i think when hl2 comes out it would be best to do away with a rico server. . taking into account that other thread about rico dying. . not many people seem to be moving to steam rico with the shutdown.
What planet are ya'll on? A lot of us have been on STEAM Rico for many months and it has no faults for us. Stop cryin and lace up your bootstraps and keep on playing. The STEAM community already hated ricochet from the get go...why give them more reasons to hate us
by seeing us complain about something we have ZERO control over. Make the transition and keep it going people! :thumb:
Hum many of you chose the option with two HL2 servers. Do ya know exactly that HL2 will be so good??:unsure:
[Image: olbestlogo5tq.jpg]
Thanks QOLIM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: olbest.png]
I choose it saying, HL2 just cause we might find a HL2 mod that will be good.
when I buy HL2, I better find a mod I like or I will be pissed beyond belief. :angry: