Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So ricochet finally dies
Quote:WON Shutdown Timing
July 15, 2004, 11:56 am · cliffe
Starting July 26th the shutdown of the WON authentication servers will begin. This process will be completed on July 31st. This means players will no longer be able to access Internet features of Valve games, such as Counter-Strike 1.5, using the WON authentication servers. Users can continue using Valve games on the Steam service by downloading the Steam installer and setting up a Steam account. For more information visit www.steampowered.com. Counter-Strike 1.5 players will be upgraded to Counter-Strike 1.6 free of charge through Steam.

edit: Well seems you guys already knew, I don't know how to delete my own thread.
well..didn't know that date exactly.
[Image: olbestlogo5tq.jpg]
Thanks QOLIM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: olbest.png]
This will not get deleted since it is news that everyone needs to know. Some of us found out yesterday when Grits was told that Holdouts would be switching the servers over at the end of the month. We didn't know the exact date though.

I guess we should have one last hurrah that weekend on the 24th and the 25th.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Why does everyone think RC is fixing to die??
Many of us have had STEAM for a long time now and it works just fine.
steam jumps lag soooo bad for me :angry:
I have been using Ricochet since november on steam. there are many gamers and i think it won't be so different to won.

@frito: it depends on the server u join :P
Thanks QOLIM
Not every one thinks RC is gonna die, I know I don't.

I have already been working on porting Wonrico over to Steam (limited success) I have an e-mail nearly ready to go out to Valve in hopes that they will help us, its a long shot but you never know.

Its funny how people keep saying its gonna die yet here we still are playing it years after they have said that.
I'll try to get used to it on steam, but I know the community wont die. GL with the porting GB.
Unless they fixed the issues with STEAM Ricochet, then it's dead to me.
PIX this isn't about Steam in general. I have no problem with that neither do most others. It's the Steam version of Rico that we have issues with. Plain and simple it sucks. I'll play if I see someone on but face it our best days are behind us with Rico unless some major stuff changes.

Good luck to Gwar on that project hope it works out.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
i dunno. i swear it looks exactly the same to me. maybe i have been playing on
steam too long and have just forgot how won played.

i tried UT2004 Demo for Linux last night and linux doesn't like my Radeon 9000 card...so
sad...looks way cool on linux.
i wont be playing steam rico that much, unless i see some good compition or im going threw rico withdraws :-O
Quote:Many of us have had STEAM for a long time now and it works just fine.
PIX is an alien

Quote:steam jumps lag soooo bad for me
Frito's right

Quote:@frito: it depends on the server u join
Maybe it's different for other people but for me.. olbest is lying!

So to sum it all up. Playing steam rico is like playing poker... without any cards.
I've already gotten used to steam rico :)
Ive never been able to play on steam, so looks like game is over for me:(
PIX,Jul 15 2004, 10:58 PM Wrote:i dunno. i swear it looks exactly the same to me. maybe i have been playing on
steam too long and have just forgot how won played.

i tried UT2004 Demo for Linux last night and linux doesn't like my Radeon 9000 card...so
sad...looks way cool on linux.
It probably has something to do with that crappy video card:P
I hope all this means you guys are moving forward with the tournament....I wanna see some screen shots with finals scores please
Quote:
Quote:@frito: it depends on the server u join
Maybe it's different for other people but for me.. olbest is lying!

I am laggy on vadavaka-servers but not on ricochetmasters - so perhaps you are laggy everywhere :PB)
Thanks QOLIM
Knightmare,Jul 16 2004, 12:06 PM Wrote:Ive never been able to play on steam, so looks like game is over for me:(
Yeah KM:(i'm right there with ya
steam officially hates me anyway, can't play anythin on it cause its always bloody updating something:(
Fr0oTy,Jul 16 2004, 09:16 AM Wrote:
Knightmare,Jul 16 2004, 12:06 PM Wrote:Ive never been able to play on steam, so looks like game is over for me:(
Yeah KM:(i'm right there with ya
steam officially hates me anyway, can't play anythin on it cause its always bloody updating something:(
Same also <_<

Can't play on steam for some reason -_-
I might try experimenting with some of you that can't seem to get steam working at all. For the first 2 or 3 weeks I could not get steam working also, but I kicked it a few times.

At first I will experiment with those who have fast connections cause you might have to download a couple of big things (cache files) to get it working.

So many things to do, too little time in the day and not enough people to experiment on. :)
you can experiment on me, but if you say turn your head and cough im getting the hell out of there.
lol anony
I for one, am happy. I'll finally have skilled opponents on a regular basis:)
Did I kill it?
It will live on in our hearts for forever :) And in Steam..but we will always remeber the good times and great friends we have met along the way playing Ricochet
I love yall guys :wub:
GRITS.....:(

Will I dream, GRITS.....:wacko:
Gump,Jul 22 2004, 05:01 PM Wrote:Will I dream, GRITS.....:wacko:
I don't quite understand the post but i will say no!

All thought processes shut down with won. think of it like...the matrix going offline while we're all plugged in.
Gump,Jul 22 2004, 07:01 PM Wrote:GRITS.....:(

Will I dream, GRITS.....:wacko:
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain....."

Of course you will......and we will all be there :wub:
You better all be playing when i get back from work.