Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mic in and Line-in
Maybe someone came across this problem before. For some reason, my mic in and Line-in ports aren't working <_<. I just noticed a week or two ago.

I tried going into the volume properties and unchecked Mute Microphone to see if it was just the app I was using, but no sound came out of my speakers. I tried the line-in port and no luck. I tried my microphone on a different pc, and it worked. It worked before on the pc.

About 4 weeks ago I installed xp pro on a new Hard-drive and I'm using the old hard-drive as a slave. I'm almost sure that the mic was working after the install. I'm 90% sure. Of course the audio out still works.

Its onboard, not a sound card. Here's the mobo specs

Don't know if it just died or what :P. I should just look into a soundcard, but don't want to waste anything on this pc right now.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Check in the Device Manager to see if u has any yellow (?)
Maybe the drivers didn't install properly
or it could be a hardware conflict.
maybe you just plugged it in the wrong one. :)
Did that. Plugged in right port :P. Did I mention I had this pc for 3 or so years now so I doubt a hardware conflict. Hmm drivers. I don't remember installing any drivers....

uninstall it in device manager and restart, I have to do that about every other week to get mine to work, might need to update your drivers also.
Worked like a charm. Thanks :P

np :P
Had to do that with a mouse I had..pain in the butt. But yeh, if nothing make sense, just delete the driver and restart..usually works. Nice work Frito :P
wow when did fritomyman become a computer geek??:wub:
when you screw stuff up on a computer as much as I do you are bound to learn something.:D