Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My server closing at the end of August
My experiment with running a UT2004 server has come to an end. With Doom3 out and HL2 around the corner it is time for me to move on to bigger and better things.

I had planned to do this all along back when I first started my server. I was only going to run it for a few months until HL2 came into clearer view. Now with the added Doom3 stuff that I want to do I had to make decisions. The UT community while a decent size will obviously start to dwindle some with Doom3 and HL2. I must go to where the crowd is going to be. I'm no rich man by any means and while I was able to afford my one server I can't afford three. The only reason I can do two servers now is because of how low the max player count can be on a Doom3 server. So when I add a HL2 server the money spent per month should be the same.

Now the good news. Grits has decided to run her own UT2004 server so there will still be a place to play for those interested in playing. I wish her good luck with it. I will be there to help out where I can.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I had some good times getting my butt handed to me on a platter by png. See you on GRITS' server