Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh man
Can you believe how hard it is for me to type without pressing "y" key before I start typing its getting worse now i want to press it before i type a word GAAAAHHHHHH

i was talking to my friends from college on AOL IM and i looked through the phrases and about 75% of mine had a yHi ... Anyways has this happend to anyone yet? Maybe Im just playing too much:P
If I just finish playing a game of some HL mod, and I happened to talk (as I usually do), then I start talking to someone on AIM, it happens. I usually stare at what I'm typing to catch typos and stuff anyway, so I'll catch it, but it is a pain in the ass. It usually goes away eventually, and I never have a problem unless it's just after a game. I'm guessing it's because I've been typing since way before I started playing HL mods. And I'll tell you what annoys me. Eventually I'll get into a position where my chair is moved to the right, I'm leaning that direction, basically so I have good access to my mouse. I'll go to type, and I'll hit U, and every letter I type is the one to the right of the one I wanted. I'll notice it about 5 letters in, and have to adjust myself all over again. Maybe I should start feeling those protrusions on the J and the H....
has THIS ever happened to anyone? G-boy, fl@w, and some others where there when it happened. Basically I got stuck between the barrier and one of the middle pads and normally when I do that I don't fall....I just stay there and shoot. Most people come decap me, but fl@w didn't....so I started shooting at him. I was able to shoot underneath the barrier on the opposite side at his feet and anything that low. I started shooting at the arrows and they would make the disc shoot upward...so needless to say fl@w was trying to jump towards me and I hit him with one of those flying upwards discs and man did he fly....it was ####ing awesome.
yMelba Toast
y I am not sure what you mean
yI talk to people on IM
yand no one has ever mentioned it to me
yI will have to check next time I am IMing someone
yand see if I have that same problem
:P

hehehe are you kidding I think it is as natural as translating ea and es in the game into yea and yes some of the ways we have all adapted to 'gaming chat' but it probably means you need to take a break tho before you actually say LOL to someone in a verbal conversation:wacko:
btw g-boy..... your "protrusions" are on the j and f keys where your pointer/index fingers are suppose to rest not j and h maybe you have a defective keyboard and that is the problem lol
I've played online games with different buttons to chat for so long now it never effects me. I do forget what button to use in some games though if I have only played other games for a while.
ha grits

I only say LOL irl when i want someone to shut up cause their joke was horibbleB)
Heh, I always feel my left index finger reaching for the y key when I'm typing a message after about 0200 hours. Before that I don't really have a problem though.
It happens more so after hitting enter and quickly trying to type something else.