Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricochet Fix Talk
ok since i cant edit taht post ill make another post...

Note... you need atleast one third party mod installed to be able to launch that and see the custom game option so you can launch WON ricochet.
Gwarsbane was close yet again :P
It sounded familiar when pique said install as 3rd party mod, but you have to open it with custom game.
Seem custom game was the keyword :P

All I did was what gwars did, copied my won ricochet folder to SteamApps/myemail/half-life folder

It runs through half-life but just click find servers.

Thanks pique :thumb:
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

ok I am totally confused guess I should re read it again later in the day, that side of my brain is asleep at 3am:wacko:
amazing it is so perfect
thanks guys
This is great. Good stuff you guys.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I seem to be a bit confused...I understand the directions but exactly what does it "fix" in Steam from WON? Other than the jumping sound which was fixed by the cl.. var, what else changes?
no more lag when jumping on the arrows. Its just like won ricochet on steam.

My guess is that the client.dll included in the .gcf is corrupt somehow...even though its the same as won. So just replacing it restores everything
That could explain why I have no problems...in trying to fix the jumop sound I copied over my client.dll from WON to Steam. Just lucky I guess. :-)
I dont get an extract all option when i right click on the ricochet.gcf

Do i have to get rid of my winRAR?
This is what is in the ricochet.gcf, pique provided the link to a tool to extract the .gcf http://countermap.counter-strike.net/Nemes.../index.php?p=26

Look familiar?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok i did the Miagi method, that worked for GRITS. That he explained above. Anyway, awesome work Pique.

Edit: Pinning this topic, I think its Pin worthy.
The nice thing about moving the whole folder is the continuity. It's exactly the way you had it before. Even m_pitch and m_yaw work, which I'm happy about.
Then this method might work as well with CS1.5 lovers
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
really nice. working perfect:)
**Offtopic** CS1.5 is already converted over to steam...
http://www.cs15.net
I'm not really sure which fix I did.....wha walked me through it so I didnt pay all that much attention just did what he said....but I am thinking I moved my whole folder and I dont even remember extracting anything but then again we did it at 3am one morning so I might have^_^
You did the same one that Miagi posted, move the folder and and the command line.
YAY
woo... now all I need is a sandwich.
Well ... it's great and all but my mouse is lagging a small amount from the screen -- it's annoying a little but not nearly as bad as old steam ricochet

small price to pay:P
I want to say Thank You to everybody, that helped to make this working. It is really awesome. I tryd it out and I was shocked because it was BETTER than Ricochet on WON 1.5 Servers, because now I can play the rico 1.5 on german Server with a ping of 20-60: Unbelievable!
So thank you all again - well done :thumb:

Good job guys! A small piece for now but a big for the future or sth. like this :rolleyes:

cu & thx again Bob
one of the nice benefits of this community, we have some pretty smart computer geeks and they are appreciated even if they don't think they are.
Thanks for the fix, works wonderfully.
Do m_pitch and m_yaw still work?
Yeah since your using the won client.dll