Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, how's Steam Rico now?
Just wondering if they fixed those annoying jump-pad stick bugs and such...is it WON style now....officially? Did they do an update in the last...year or so? :PI think I'm behind the times...
Check out the pinned topic. http://www.vadavaka.com/forums/index.php?a...T&f=3&t=3269&s=
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Does that mean I can run Ricochet from Steam?
Hmm, I think gem will need a few files. Considering he doesnt have WON anymore. You could try moving your steam ricochet folder instead of the WON one, but I think that would carry the same problems with it.
Use Pique's method. That uses the contents of ricochet.gcf to achieve the same results, meaning it can be done without needing the WON capable ricochet install.
And does that mean I would only be able to play on specific servers?
No, you can play on all the servers still.

And I take it one extracts the files using some...extraction program huh ^_^
Indeed, you are correct. Could use winzip at http://www.winzip.com/downwzeval.htm or http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Winzip still works after 21 days.

Could we load them up to the servers, so you d/l it when you join? Or no?
No :( that's only maps and models.

Hey, it worked like a charm =) I think I'll play a bit more often now :P
yay
Wow....I just did a search for my name and read through some of the really old topics...what memories...

What happened to...

Cloud
Davion
RWS
Rulepool2
Nemesis
Knightmare
gboy
Hylander
Acid_head
Beastie
lil face
Master Fin
Pique
Noxious
jabbahunt
Shalk
blazed
thisistrippy

......and others?
Not sure if you just miss these guys or you are looking for a challenge since most own in ricochet
Cloud shows up once in a blue moon/ friends with Abe aka SoulEvan
Davion saw him once during the change over
RWS still plays and shows up on mIRC still owns
Rulepool2 still plays but plays a lot of other games shows up in the admin forums
Nemesis ummmm????
Knightmare plays just fixed his steam to be won friendly still in tournament and on mIRC still owns
gboy in school and has gf shows up once in a blue moon and promises to play
Hylander ummmm???
Acid_head still owns and can be found on our servers checks out forums but hardly post always uses his own sn
Beastie still lives in vegas, we need to get his steam fixed for him he will play still around he is spread thin with real life but plays
lil face music career and some unk game have taken him over but he shows up now and again
Master Fin saw him play a lot when we were still on won and he was steam he is around
Pique one of the geeks that fixed the steam issue he is around and will own you posted his skateboad accident video in the forums
Noxious still awesome player shows up off and on just not very often
jabbahunt work and computer access keep him too busy to play his match, but I have faith he will can be found on mIRC sometimes
Shalk he is always around usually early morn for the states and sometimes incognitio
blazed always around and always playing you must just miss him
thisistrippy will never be a part of this community as long as I am. He is delusional
If you dont know about the IRC you hear about, the communitity setup a channel for us to hang out in. It's on gamesurge and called #vadavaka

If you are an IRC noob and would like further assistance PM me and I will help out.
lol i like how noone ever asks about me when they want good players:(
it's ok frooty..try and think about the brighter side..umm..hmm..you..no no..umm...i got it!..wait no that won't work..gimme a sec here... oo oo.. you're one of a kind! how's that?
Fr0oTy,Aug 18 2004, 01:41 AM Wrote:lol i like how noone ever asks about me when they want good players:(
Sorry...I've never played you before =P

Do you still play?
its ok, he called me knightmare...twice:P
Sorry I didnt make it back on gemakk, i tried to switch over to won version, and I couldnt open rico anymore :/
Well you DO hog the middle like Knightmare does ;o

Although you don't jump around as much as he did...
:/...you dont remember me from way back when?....I was the backwards jumping guy, who middle battled you for hours.:)
If you don't remember him gemakk then don't sweat it. No one knows who this guy is. He always claims he won some tourny or something but we figure he's just some delusional escapee from a mental institution.
I do remember you Reciprocity, you were with Quickening right? I also remembered playing you when you were razor9 but at the time I always assumed you were somebody I knew too =P
Well at least he remembers me, woohoo.
well I was but a mere noob when Gemakk went on hiatus so its ok that he doesnt remember me....but just one of you go off and come back and not remember me and see what happens to ya.:blink:
How could I ever forget you GRITS? You're the one who keeps this community together =)
I'm back now guys and will check in on play as work allows. Good to see ya Gem. (I still tell everyone that you are the originator of this game:). ). I have seen nemesis of few time, but hylander was in serious emotional trouble and left or changed his name. I still see traits of all you originals being passed down.
Gem was more famous for best air shots and accuracy.
hate to go off topic but.....

jabbaluv please find meth and play your match:blink:
Gemakk,Aug 19 2004, 12:29 AM Wrote:
Fr0oTy,Aug 18 2004, 01:41 AM Wrote:lol i like how noone ever asks about me when they want good players:(
Sorry...I've never played you before =P

Do you still play?
naw i stopped playin when they shut WON off, and i think i have played you afew times.. not alot though -- which is probably why you don't remember me.. i think i've played about 5 rounds with you:Pcan't remember who won though ... probably not me :lol: