Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empty game in rc_arena
I have no idea whether this would be possible, but I usually spend some time waiting in the rc_arena server waiting for somebody to join...usually during this time, I would check other servers for Holdouts members to drag into the arena server....otherwise, I would spend the time in spectator mode just flying around while listening to music :lol:

But it gets quite boring after awhile, and it must be boring for others too - I rarely ever see other people waiting in an empty rc_arena server for others.

I'm wondering if...there could be a way, through a script or something, that would allow a player to just jump around freely in the arena until another player joins? If anybody ever wanted to practice jumping on their own in rc_arena, they would go into a private game and turn on rc_arena 0...think that's how it works, and then they'll have freedom to just practice jumping. But I'd like to practice while waiting for other players to join instead...so I'm wondering if implementing this idea would be possible?
not sure but I feel much like you and would like to spend that time practicing
if not maybe we could add a bot that goes away when >1 player is in the arena

also try going in IRC, there is almost always someone there looking for a game
arena practice map?
the practice map is on the server but not on the mapcycle. Only admins have access to change the map so I was trying to think of a way to do it without resorting to the practice map.
make rockthevote a public command? on a 24/7 arena i don't think there's a big threat of people abusing it.
I used to do that a lot when won was around, gemakk. I felt so alone sometimes:P:thumb: