Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I a bad person?
I'm kind of curious what makes a person a bad person... like I could list off a bunch of things that I think make me bad, whether they're bad or not really depends on someone else I guess, but for example...

- I find a lot of things quite humorous that I probably shouldn't, like Pique's wipe out video for example
- I don't care about a lot of things that don't directly concern me, what's been happening in Iraq..., don't give a shit.
- I hope bad things happen to people I don't like..., like really bad things (accident, bankrupt, getting devoured etc.) and actually want to see it happen
- I tend to get pissed off when things don't go my way
- I put people down when I think they're being an asshat, sometimes even when they aren't
- I dumped a girl before for another girl because I thought she was easier and better looking

The list kind of goes on in that fashion, and I'm sort of changing a bit... like the last two I'm better on, I don't think I've had any serious problems with anyone I thought was an ass hat as of late. Now I'm going out with a girl that fully has my attention and I couldn't even dream of being without. However the top 4 are still true...

I'm not sure if I'm just venting what I'm feeling because it has me really down now that I actually thought about it, or if I'm looking for responses..., but whatever.
The fact that you are aware and worried about these things is a good sign. As far as the first one, I think we can all admit (or atleast I can) that we chuckled after cringing at Pique's vid. Also, this is the reason that rotten.com exists.

The second one, you're either not up to dealing with it, or ignorant. I was once talking to a girl, and the subject switched to politics. She simply said she "doesnt like politics," and that was her reason for not having an opinion on anything. That didnt make any sense to me. I dont think anybody likes politics, that's not the point.

The third one, we all hope that bad shit happens to people who piss us off. If you are truly gratified if these things happen to them i would be worried, but i doubt that there isnt a feeling of pity or sympathy. You can rise above people by not being as horrible as they are.

#4: we all do. The problem is whether you act on it or not.

I dont think that sounds like the makings of a bad person. Like I said before, you are obviously worried about these things, and willing to change. You just have to do what's right.
The way I see it is. You are 19 and are probably finished or going to be finishing school. Dude, all your doing is growing up.
Eventually you will start a family and start to care about the world you bring your children into.

As for Pique's wipe out. I'm real glad he's ok, cuz that look like a hard fall. But Damn was that funny.

I don't know what triggers it, but I laugh when I go to funerals.
If some one is weeping and it sounds weird I'll laugh. Maybe its just nerves.
I feel like an ass but I can't control it.

Sage_4

The girl that told you she "doesnt like politics"
probably just doesn't like discussing her views with others.
Politics is a touchy subject. Nothing but conflict comes out of it.
SNOWDAWG,Aug 24 2004, 03:39 AM Wrote:Sage_4

The girl that told you she "doesnt like politics"
probably just doesn't like discussing her views with others.
Politics is a touchy subject. Nothing but conflict comes out of it.
No, she was an airhead. She didnt know anything, so tried to play it cool by saying she didnt like it.
It's not that I lack knowledge about the situations or can't give an opinion. It's just that I could go either way and not really care which way I go with it.