Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anarchy Online
Ok.. im sure lots of you have heard about this game and what not.. its an mmorpg(Massivley Multi-player online role playing game). it takes place in the future on a distant planet.. there are 2 sides.. clans and omni-tek.. this is probley the greatest game i have ever played.. if you like rpg's and have never tryied out a mmorpg.. i suggest highly to download the 7 day trail version( its free but you need a credit card to verify who you are.. they wont charge u unless u exceed 7 days).. check it out at Anarchy Online.com.. if ya try it out.. you can thank me later :D
yes this game is what kept me away for a long time until my subscription ended :(
my name was
Nanofixer - Fixer
Nanotanker - Enforcer
Nanolites - Adventurer
ACK Anarchy Online....

I spent over 2 years including beta in that game... I personally hate it now lol as do most of the
Traders do...
I had a few characters and a couple accounts...
Zombikiller - Trader
Zeele - Trader
Slouchy - fixer
and a bunch of others.
oops
I wish i could play it.... but its cost money :(
AO? WTF, hell even Asheron's Call was better than that, if you want a GOOD MMORPG play Dark Ages of Camelot or Everquest, AO does not compare.
It's all perspective... personally I don't care for that entire type of game. Yet we still all sit around playing this silly mediocre mod! :o

Anyone played Zork? Oregon Trail? Lemonade Stand? Now THOSE were games.

(the commodore 64 is older than some of you younglings, am I old?)

Beastie
Nice opinion there Acid...
I've seen a lot of people say that AO has really, really improved since it was released, but the problem is that no one will give it a chance because of its shaky start.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
Well I did play AO at start, the fact that most buildings were fake (had nothing inside) and the best way to advance and get money in game was to do those stupid ass missions, I got bored really fast. Also the combat system was pretty lame compared to other MMORPGs.

Quote:Oregon Trail

OMG I played that game all the time back in elementary, good shit!
Ah Zork. Never got around to playing any of em (well, nemesis, but that doesnt really count), but I really wanted to.
see.. i played all sorts of mmorpg's.. i didnt really like AC2.. awsome gfx... but got laggy fer me and i didnt like the whole quest thing.. i do agree that missioning gets boring.. thats why i pvp(well used to).. but i just like the fact that its in the future rather the past like most mmorpg's... btw Shadowlands Beta just came out and i downloaded it.. ill tell you what i think.. BUT.. you guys cant forget about Starwars Gallexies!!.. it will own all(at least it better.. its been post ponned to come out fer forever!!).
I've been hearing a lot of good stuff and bad stuff about Star Wars Galaxies. I have concluded this, the targetted market will be casual players that don't want to deal with loot, hardcore mobs that take several groups of people, and basically individual advancements that could take several months.
I'm in the SWG beta. Your conclusions for the most part are correct.

Crafters provide players with most of their equipment. The NPCs are mainly a source of experience, missions, credits and resources. But you can be lucky enough to find some nice rare stuff on them, and I do mean RARE. Personally I really like this system, there just needs to be more weapon and armor to choose from.

There are some tough mobs, just last night a group of us were overwhelmed by a few rather nasty creatures. But the thing to remember is that the maximum group size is 20, so you are almost encouraged to just zerg the hell out of things, which makes any one creature seem like nothing. If it were up to me I would drop the group size to about 10. Not only would it make groups easier to manage, but I think it would force players into tougher situations and discourage zerging. The high end content, in the traditional sense, definitely needs work. There needs to be more, I don't think anyone will deny that. But I think if people were more open-minded about pvp they would be pleasantly surprised. Really, other players have the potential to be your toughest opponents. Hell you can have stormtroopers and AT-STs as pets!

As in all of these games, the combat itself is relatively crappy compared to say... Ricochet or CS =). I really don't expect much in the way of combat from these games. Usually I just want it to look cool. I will say again that SWG needs to somehow work group tactics into the game. That was really the only gratifying part about combat in EQ.

The pace of advancement is pretty nice actually. If you hunt in large groups you will have no problem getting your first profession. Though, it's possible that it will be tuned for release to make it slower. Again, I definitely prefer this quicker advancement. I can log off after just an hour feeling like I actually made some progess.

It's pretty funny. Before I got in the beta I always saw these posts about how it was just EQ in space. After getting in, it became very obvious that these people were just talking out of their ass. It feels nothing like EQ. Yet, you would be surprised how many people actually WANT it to be EQ in space.

Considering the number of features that they cut and the number of features not included (ie. vehicles, flying, underwater swimming, player cities), the game is still quite enjoyable. Most of the time it really did feel like I was in the SW universe. Like any mmorpg at launch, it still needs a lot of work, but in 3-6 months it will be the next evercrack. Which is why I would never play it after beta ends on Thursday, since I would actually like to get my degree sometime soon. Seriously. But I've certainly enjoyed the beta experience and I hope it does well.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."