Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken rules have consequences
So Rebaudo, are you saying that when you banned me, you didn't do it under another name? Yes, you did, DO NOT LIE. I remember it clearly, called you an ###### under that name, ban, no warning, no name change, just ban.

I never look down on less skilled players, if you really knew me, you would know that I'm constantly encouraging players to learn, and I have taught SEVERAL newbies and skilled players alike, I've given them some tips and tricks. You, Rebaudo, seem to have never tried to learn anything beyond jumping from pad to pad in a straight line and spamming, you've been playing for way too long to have learned absolutely nothing, those players are the ones I try to help, if they don't want it, whatever. I even helped GRITS learn how to jump in a better fashion, and tried to appoint another session but I guess she's too busy.

Quote:2. Acid always blames the admin

What admins have banned me exactly? You and Gwarsbane, I've acted the exact same way around other admins without them saying "watch it acid, stop acid, blah blah blah acid, this is bad", I ask, what. why? AGAIN comes in leniancy, again I don't beleive you would have ever received your status if you weren't both tools, considering the "hand picked admins" quote in my first reply.

Quote:as a Ricochet player I consider you a whiner with no consideration for anyone but yourself.

Again, way off, otherwise I wouldn't have joined a clan, I wouldn't have tried to get people to make some maps, suggested making some threads on how to curve in the air, shoot over bars, etc. I don't care for ranking, I could go solo again if people in RiP wanted me out. I do care for players, I do care for the progression of the game, this isn't a kind and gentle community we have in this mod, it's a wannabe kind and gentle community you have on Holdout's, before GRITS, it was so much better. Do I want back on GRITS? Of course I do, would I play anywhere else if it had arena running and people playing? Of course I would. You want me to follow your rules, I want you to be less of an ###### to people, if I didn't evolve from the days of APS and KAH as I did, I would've been exactly like sinbon was when he returned, or even Mew, they just didn't put up with your shit, so they left quietly. Do I feel they deserve another chance too? Yes I do, but I'm not going to stress out over a server like Holdout's, it's trully not worth it. If I wanted to have my hands full in a game again, I would buy DAoC or Everquest again. I just want you to know that RC is the game that broke my addiction from EQ, it means that much to me, I do care for the actual mod.

I'm pretty sure if I banned you for this shit, and you loved the game as much as I, you would also be making posts like this. I know I was wrong, it was obviously my intention to make a point out of Gwar and Rebaudo since the first time I was banned by each. I'm not begging to be let back in this time, whatever happens, happens, this time I'm telling you what to change and giving you hints on how not to treat your players so Ricochet doesn't die. Face the truth, all HL mods are violent, which warrants cursing, which disallows children playing such games if you're a good parent. You don't have a friendly community in a game where you chop each others heads off.

Thanks to people for giving their RL comparisons, it means nothing.

*waits for another "you broke the rules, we enforce them blah blah" reply*
Bottom line. A lot of you people, including myself, play with fire. You do this at your own risk. If you get burned, don't be a little ***I'm Stupid for Swearing*** about it. Learn your lesson and go on with your life instead of wasting 324098948249230029340840843 words on a worthless topic.
The fact is acid, that this is real life, the way we interact with people is a bit diffrent but, the fact is, this is real life. I don't see your logic about enforcing rules means people are going to leave RC. Its like people leaving a town that has cops in it. The Rules are there for the people, if they're on the stricter side then thats the way they are. GRITS told me excatly why she has stricter rules and is not as tolerable to swearing and people being mean, and i agree with her. What you can do now is accept resoponsibilty for your actions and face the consequences, or be immature and try to get back on the servers like you've done so many times. You've given the admins no real choice, you broke the rules now u want back in, broke them again etc. I see no end to this cycle right now, and sooner or later your gonna get banned for life. Like the boy who cried wolf.
this isnt real life..its a game..so what if he cussed\whined at a admin..everybody does it now and then..i think the real reason he is gonna be banned forever is his reputation...like me..like g-boy said if you have one your punishments are more harsh....everybody gets mad at another player for things they dont like..
The people are real, their views are real, your interacting with them. The only diffrence is you take a bit of time off to chop a head off here and there. People have to learn to interact with other people in a positive way, wheather its in a face to face conversation or through some form of media, the bottom line is the people in the game are real (no bots yet:P).
only thing real about it is the conversations and the players..everything else is a game..just because somebody ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***es at another player for something they dont like doesnt mean they should be punished forever...ppl take games way to seriously..everybody needs to chill
The chill thing i can agree with. but, how about we all turn into pot smoking hippies, i know acid can agree with that:P, and that way we will all be mellow and content, give peace a chance :thumb:
*coughtolatecough* lol
well then were almost there, aren't we?
Ah if only everybody that played RC smoked teh pot:(

Anyway, thanks to evil I can set up my own server now:)

Thanks lil' to be the first to play on it:DLook for _acid_arena_ whenever It's there, non-dedicated of course. At least the west coast people will love the ping.
if its not dedicated whats the point...
Well I don't know, I would usually update servers (non-decicated servers too) before I would decide to play somewhere, if you see mine there, come on in, it's a lot faster for any western peeps that want a good challenge.
not for the eastern ppl?:(u disapoint me acid:P
Err well everyone is welcome of course, but a lot of western people dislike having 100-150+ pings on Holdout's and other servers.
Its funny how some people think that just because they are playing a game that they are not dealing with real people.

To me, both Acid and Soul sound paranoid. They make it sound like Evil and I are sitting around thinking of ways to get them banned. Drugs will do that to ya, don't know if Soul does drugs (acid has said he does more then a few times) so I don't know what souls excuse is.

Quote:I know I was wrong, it was obviously my intention to make a point out of Gwar and Rebaudo since the first time I was banned by each

So you admit that you have been trying to cause trouble...

Quote:I'm not begging to be let back in this time

Not directly...

Quote:this time I'm telling you what to change and giving you hints on how not to treat your players so Ricochet doesn't die

Since the vadavaka servers have been up and the rules are enforced, I have only seen the community grow, this would be one of the reasons why she has a new server is because she was having problems getting onto her other servers.

I also like how you are telling us what to change when you can't even seem to stay unbanned from servers with simple and easy to follow rules.

Quote:Face the truth, all HL mods are violent, which warrants cursing

No it don't. I have been playing half-life since just after it first came out and I haven't needed to type out a curse. I might say it to my monitor, but I see no need to type in out in game.

Reason we come in under different names is so that we can watch everyone and see what they are doing without them saying uhoh, an admin is around, we better stop swearing. Its just like an undercover cop, then again I have a feeling you don't like them either.

As to saying unblocked words... just because you can say it, don't mean you have to.

Somewhere you mentioned that GRITS would never get rid of me because I work on the site and the forums. Thats justs wrong. If GRITS wanted to get rid of me she could easily do that by just asking me to step down from it all. I would, I would wonder why thou. There are many other people out there that are way more skilled then I am at working with websites and forums.

I think she keeps me around because she likes me as a friend. We think alike on many topics. I also run every thing past her, including bans. I have told her before that if she don't want me doing something then just tell me and she has. After all vadavaka.com is hers.

She hand picks the admins that she feels best reflect her opinions and her wants. Everything that is done on the servers have been done with her ok.

I only like playing on servers (ricochet or other games) where people are not swearing up a storm. I went to other servers for a bit that had no swear filters when no one was on the vadavaka servers but the swearing was out of control and I felt my IQ lowering just being around people swearing like that, so I left.
The reason I am an admin is because despite what any player might say about me or to me or do to others, I will never lose my patience. Slosh tried to rattle me, make me pissed but he never got close.

If I start taking any of the barbs from players seriously or let them upset me, then it is time for me to move on.

Good luck on your Listenserver acid, you are one of the best Ricochet players around and I expect we will run into each other on other servers at some point.
When I go online, most of regs know me regardless of what name I have. If they are doing something I don't like I generally will change my name hoping things will stop, then I will gag, llama, warn or mess with there name, hoping again that they will notice this is wrong. If someone is disrespecting me at that point, they are disrespecting Grits, especially someone of Acid's experience. I play 99 percent of my time playing, and not having to worry about anyone, its the 1 percent that give us a bad name. I enjoy reading the chat and checking status,(probably why she asked me to help). Acid knows exactly what not to do, there is no guess work. Anyone playing more than 2 weeks of arena,(realizing dm doesn't worry about recon.), knows exactly how to act. If this is a problem feel free to start your own server.
Acid thinks evil and gwars pick on him, they don't at all. If any admin at the time saw him go off, he would have been banned, or kicked.
I have less tolerance, and ban, gwars and evil let people try to reconcile, that's why the llama's kicks and name playing. If it was me, I would just ban to start with.
Acid there is a difference between sarcasm and downright meanness. You have become a computer bully, and I don't believe its in you to change here, a new site might be best.

ps. I have never had any direct conflict with acid while as a player because I basically didn't care and felt like it was the admin's responsibility, on the other hand, I have been Kicked myself a few times and after looking at the logs realized I was wrong, and believe me, I was pissed at first, pm'd the admin's or posted, read the logs and said I was sorry, actually I was embarrassed. Acid has never excepted that previous actions have any bearing.
Gwarsbane,Jun 14 2003, 10:43 PM Wrote:Its funny how some people think that just because they are playing a game that they are not dealing with real people.

To me, both Acid and Soul sound paranoid. They make it sound like Evil and I are sitting around thinking of ways to get them banned. Drugs will do that to ya, don't know if Soul does drugs (acid has said he does more then a few times) so I don't know what souls excuse is.
well seeings how when i join the server and you are there..you dont say a word to me..but when somebody says something bad about me...who is the first one to respond with some smartass remark...now i dont know if you're trying to push me to do something wrong so you can be the first to ban me and gloat all about it on the forums but it aint gonna happen
It seems the cause->effect relation has been forgotten here. Of course your reputation changes how admins will treat you. A reputation indicates precedent. In fact, a reputation means you have one hell of a lot of infractions to your name. No one here claims to be righteous, and the people who do so happen to be colourblind to right and wrong. There is no grey area too hide behind anymore. What happened happened a thousand times before tolerance wore through, and maybe that was too far back to remember.

As for sinbon, at least when he came back, was hands down one of the biggest ######s I've ever seen. He was insulting and swearing at people--without any indication of not being serious--and saying that people had lost their sense of humour when nobody laughed. He was under an alias, and I've never seen him before, so I was honestly surprised when he changed his name and stormed off to sulk about everyone being humourless. Mew I have seen maybe once, and only for a couple minutes. I did, however, read the post about himn being banned for habitual abuse of the reconnection bug. Neither "didn't put up with [admin] shit", they were both lame, even by CS standards.

Some people, besides hating any form of authority for the sole purpose of feeling powerful and heroic, just like pissing others off. They get kicks by making other people mad, and watching them freak out. I almost flipped and killed a CSer in the school cafeteria for bragging to his punkposer friends about cheating, but if I were in that game and denounced him, he would be pissing his pants laughing at my feeble attempts to stop him. Besides being too stupid to realize people have a problem with it, this guy was completely unaware that it's completely selfish to get kicks out of ruining the game for others, and that's why admins and mod developers don't like people exploiting bugs, cheating, or playing disruptively. Not because "it's just a game", and nobody's supposed to care when you're a callous jackass disrupting the games enjoyability for others. True things shouldn't be taken as seriously in a game, but taking things seriously also includes swearing at people, and especially trying to anger them.

Another point is that this community is about a hundred thousand (or so) levels deeper than that of CS, and about ten thousand levels deeper than that of DoD. So far, most of the regulars seem to be intelligent people with a fair amount of depth to their character. Sure that could be because most of them are old enough to already have a family established, but me personally, I think it's because the immature idiots rate games by their similarity to CS, and won't play anything without guns (hence bullet-lovers) and at least one awp equivalent (like the railgun in the quake series). Things like verbal abuse only get tollerated in some crowds. This is not one, and don't generalize by calling the internet a homogenous entity full of harsh things. Same goes for games, ricochet is by far the least CS like FPS I've ever played, and it pisses CSers off. That proves communities aren't always compatible, let alone identical.

Everyday I see people complaining to authority figures about things they did when they got caught. Especially traffic tickets. "So what if I endangered the lives of children in a school zone, what are the odds I would kill a kid by saving 6.4 seconds on the way to work?" they might as well be saying. It never occurs to them that speeding makes their car more likely to kill someone/damage property. Ticketing them is just the officer being an ###### for enforcing rules that are too strict. Not that the rules are strict at all, they just seem that way when you operate at a level that pushes and bends the thin blue line.

Also: don't ever think for a single second that it is manditory for you to play on ANY server, and that getting banned from the most popular servers (ironically popular because of the rules that were violated for the ban) makes it an infringement of personal rights and freedoms, making it wrong. From what I hear, all three of the HOLOUTS servers are rented out to GRITS by HOLDOUTS, granting her onwership over them as long as she pays. That makes it private property, and connecting is a priviledge granted soley by her. She chose the admins to carry out her will her way. Red Hen sitiuation here; did you bring the wheat to the mill? Did you bring the flour back and make the dough? Did you knead the dough to make the loaf? Did you put the loaf in the oven and bake it? No. So I think it was awful nice to have those servers put up, and have volunteered hands maintain order and peace. I hope this ordeal doesn't cast a shadow over all the good things that go on, because a third server was added, and I don't ever want to have that be regretted.

I respect the admins greatly, especially after DMing for 2-3 years. It takes a lot to not get angry when people badger you, and even more to not let it affect your playing. So far I haven't seen a case of ill choosing in an admin, or abuse of power by an admin. I don't really feel they need to justify their actions, and that doing so deserves grattitude. If no such clause exists already, one should be written to give admins the final say in all decisions within their jurasdiction. I also hear that almost every action against a player is given to GRITS for her approval/disapproval. That may just be a rumor though.
ok can we keep this to 2 paragraphs max mmkay thx eheh...
hey um...how bout the whole who the hell cares point of view?

My god acid are you that stupid?
These servers aren't a friggen democracy...you cant break the "rules" and ***I'm Stupid for Swearing*** until you get ur way.

Grits pays for these servers for her own money. If she doesn't want swearing then well damnit...there's no swearing. If your really tired of getting banned then stop calling the admins jackasses or whatever...i didn';t even read all that crap posted above with ur ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ing. Just shutup, and play the game. Its not that hard to not mock out an admins mom for as long as ur playing.

***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ing about it in the forums will get you no where cause guess what. I dont care what you have to say. Im sick of hearing you ***I'm Stupid for Swearing*** when you get banned. Im sure grits is sick of it. Gwars i can tell is sick of ur little 12 year old ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ing fits. and im pretty sure everyone else who plays ricochet couldn't care less of what you ahve to say.

I have already judged you and gwars and guess what.

I WILL BELIEVE GWARS OVER YOU ANY DAY OF THE WEEK SO EITHER FOLLOW THE RULES OR STOP PLAYING THE GAME. JUST STOP THE ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ING
now now none of that..take a chill pill sheesh dude...this isnt a flame board.....lol you cant judge a player with another player..2 diff ppl 2 diff lifes....
I think most of us have fun on the servers, enjoy them, and have no prob with the admins. So therefore the annoyance to a few is pretty irrelevant. Those of you who are complaining... what have you done for the servers? Wha? is right... you should be pretty damn gracious that there is a popular server for such a small game. And it is completely free to you. You have no right to tell any of the admins and especially the owner what to do.
he doesnt have the right to tell them what to do but he has the right to ask for another chance...hes been banned before who cares..its not like hes trying to crash the server\hack it...
OMG you people are so retarded sometimes. Just stop talking to and about him...god. Just either ignore him or ban his ass...but don't drag this crap out anymore. Don't respond to this message....just simply act...if you aren't gonna ban him, then shut up.
now now CF....topic is being locked tommorow so we can state our opinion..you dont like it dont read our posts
omg!

What happened to this game since I stopped playing??? Used to be so different...
bleh its fine just ppl are acting stupid about 1 player:D...no not me:P
Gwars, stop telling me I'm me because of drugs, I've always been the same person. Some of your admins do drugs, you should really shut up.
The Whole drug thing is bullshit. A lmost Everytime time I play the game
im stoned or buzz,:D and the worst thing that ever happened was i got gagged for calling
someone an ass.oooooooo
anyhoo, just wanted to take up space:P

DENIED!!!!