Poll: What type you like
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Easy listenin` (jam band, things of the sort
0%
0 0%
Hip-Hop
3.23%
1 3.23%
Rap
0%
0 0%
Rock/Blues (and all that rock contains e.g. prog, punk)
35.48%
11 35.48%
Metal
35.48%
11 35.48%
Classical
3.23%
1 3.23%
Country/bluegrass
0%
0 0%
jazz
0%
0 0%
other
22.58%
7 22.58%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music
I like a lil` bit of everything.... The deversified mind I guess:D
Tell us why you like that band.

Easy listening:
Bela fleck and the flecktones, amazing basist
Phish, just great

Hip-Hop
J5, jazzing up the quick beats and tunes j-u-r-a-The capital S- Another s- I-C 5 Mc's
Many others that will be later notified of

Rap:
Eminem, Really intelligent music
Method man, Funny guy... M-E-T-H-O-D Man

The mega category:
Pearl Jam, just love them
Linkin park, intresting sound
Rage, Great lyrics, too extreme at times
Bender, kinda a fuzion of all the old grunge bands
More to come

*Other counts as all
i like lots of kinds. mostly prog rock and industrial, Tool are pretty far up on the list..Nine Inch Nails is also up there oh and Pink Floyd is awesome stabbing westward and Mindless Self Indulgence. rap..but mostly just old school rap ice cube, some dr.dre and beastie boys oh..NWA! i don't really know any classical by name, but there are some songs that i like. techno is always good, like Squarepusher and skinny puppy.. but skinny puppy might be considered industrial. hmm what else Incubus is rock but can be considered easy listening depending on the song.. and Radiohead is good. under the "Contemporary" section in the music store (but almost everything is).. i don't know there's a lot to name. Metal is good but not so much like Pantera more like the Deftones and the melvins, i like some pantera though, and slayer. Dream theatre is metal in the store but i would put it under rock... most likely progressive, considering it's all just a big story. I was gonna say something else but I can't remember so I'll jsut leave my post at that.
Metal for sure, the harder and heavier the better. I just love the intensity. I also really like those techno/metal/hardrock bands, like crossbreed. The progressive rock is good to, I love dredg. I also have a lot of that punk/emo stuff, like from autumn to ashes and glassjaw, even tho they dont have as much punk influences. Techno/industrial is great to.

Edit: couldnt really decide between metal and rock, but i choose metal cuz that was what i said first.
I like punk rock, but I don't really listen to the mainstream bands you hear on the radio and see on tv. The bands I listen to aren't on the radio or tv. I like some newer punk, as well as bands from the 70s and 80s.
I like Anti-Flag *points to avatar*, Pennywise, Regan Youth, Dead Kennedys, Rancid, Bad Religion, The Ramones, The Misfits, and The Lower Class Brats. The reasons why I like these bands is because it's more than just entertainment. Most of the bands you see on tv are just for fun. Songs by most of these bands have are more than just entertainment, they have political messeges, and share ideas. They sing songs about peace and love. Like the Rock againt Racism!!!! w00t I wish I was alive to see Dead Kennedys and Regan Youth at that concert. Most of the songs are anti-war, and despite what most parents think, these bands are kind and loving, not just some hideous guitar noises with screaming vocalists like they might sound like to them. That is why I love punk rock more than any other type of music:).

I also like Ska, like Reel Big Fish, Planet Smashers, The Specials, and The Mighty Mighty Bostones to name a few.
Gd stuff meatball. But have you listened to Capdown?? They're like a big cake made out of ska, punk and a big extra drop of anarchy. You also seem to have missed Flogging Molly, voodoo glowskulls and the dropkick murphys.

I would also like to complain that you mixed all the rock together.... rap and hip hop sound the same to me anyways so they dont need two catagories:P

I mean come on, can you really put, say, Muse and the Sex Pistols in the same catagory???
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
Annatar,Sep 7 2004, 09:57 PM Wrote:Gd stuff meatball. But have you listened to Capdown?? They're like a big cake made out of ska, punk and a big extra drop of anarchy. You also seem to have missed Flogging Molly, voodoo glowskulls and the dropkick murphys.

I would also like to complain that you mixed all the rock together.... rap and hip hop sound the same to me anyways so they dont need two catagories:P

I mean come on, can you really put, say, Muse and the Sex Pistols in the same catagory???
Ah yes, Flogging Molly is one of my favorite bands. I saw them at the Warped Tour in August, they were awesome:D.

Yeah I agree that the Rock category was too broad, punk != alternitive and heavy metal and all that stuff.

I'm listening to Capdown for the first time, and they seem pretty cool:).
gd lad... love the sig piccy by the way.

Spread the word about capdown... theyre practically a local band for me and i wanna see them get big outside the southwest of england:D
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
hip hop/rap
Metal
bottom line hip-hop/rap
In order (what I listen to most further up)

Pink Floyd
Tool
Frank Zappa
Interpol
The Beatles
Radiohead
Some NIN and misc. industrial
The Mars Volta and misc. indi rock

Pink Floyd is awesome.
thats baglelish...
Acid Head! i like your musical tastes...
You like punk.. gotta check out "Rise Against" if you havn't yet heard them.. I like "Siren Songs of the Counter Culture" the best (newest cd) but "Revolutions Per Minute" is quickly growing on me. They're becoming one of my favorite punk bands lately and so I figured I'd mention them:P.
FreeFall,Sep 20 2004, 10:33 AM Wrote:You like punk.. gotta check out "Rise Against" if you havn't yet heard them.. I like "Siren Songs of the Counter Culture" the best (newest cd) but "Revolutions Per Minute" is quickly growing on me. They're becoming one of my favorite punk bands lately and so I figured I'd mention them:P.
I listen to Rise Against. Hopefully I'll get to go to the Rock Against Bush, they'll be there.
frank zappa is a freakin' genius.
i mainly listen to indy, but i dig industrial bunches. bright eyes, cursive, deathcab for cutie, meets nine inch nails, 12 rounds, and tweaker.

dude! i just got back from Telluride a couple days ago (from the blues festival), and B.B. King was amazing. few performers have made me cry, but it was completely worth it. it was just that good. ;)
Classiscal rule!! :boohoo: wuho
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
although I gravitate more towards edgy music (death, black metal lately) I like everything, including some rap, Juvenile is one my favs. Variety is the spice of life. I know a lot of people who are stuck in their era as far as what they listen to, I feel sorry for those people, they're missing out.
I find very little aurally displeasing, though I do need a certain level of complexity to hold my interest. Can't be pure chaos either: without a melody it's equally boring.
Sometimes I feel the same way. Try listening to Liquid Tension Experiment, they satisfy that need for complexity. I think you'll be surprised

one of my all time favorite songs is by a band called Cynic, the song is called Textures. You should download it and listen
no no silly you the copyright people might be watching, when you say "you should download it"you mean "you should buy this track and listen to it, whether its released, underground or just your mates little music generator song THOU SHALT BUY THAT CD!!"
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
"Stuck in their era", lil face?:PI barely like any modern music because it just doesn't sound so appealing to me, I'm stuck in an era before I was even born:(
thank you for elaborating for me annatar:)

I do in no way, shape or form, condone web based music piracy! ;)
acid, you know who I'm talking about...that balding guy with the mullet whos about 35 to 40, still wearing a Scorpions t-shirt (but it's so faded now you can hardly make out who the band is) and a pair of tight 501's with a holes in the knees, blasting "Shout at the Devil" out of his 1986 iroc-z's crappy Pioneer stereo that he got on sale at Sears.

btw, I think it's great that the younger generation exposes itself to earlier music, going back in history. Anymore everthing has come full circle as far as what's been done, it seems the evolution of music is in a rut and is dupilcating itself over and over. However this is usually an indication that there shall be a dramatic change or it could possibly be another sign that the end of the world is near :/

As far as new music goes, don't knock it until you try it. Yes you do have to search for good music a little harder now, due to the industry standards being so low, but there is wonderful music out there. Just because it's not on the radio and mtv, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. A good way that I've found cool stuff for the past few years has been searching bands on cdnow which is now amazon.com. They give you wav clips to listen to for most albums and have tons of links to similar artists. It's helped me make a lot of decisions whether I was going to pay $17.99 for a cd or not.

Then again, I often forget that I'm a bit obssessive than most when it comes to looking for innovation, I forget some people simply to not care that much about music.
All the new music I hear of comes from my really music savey friend, and he's very much anti-mtv and barely listens to the radio at all, he listens to a lot of different rock bands, and introduced me to ATDI and The Mars Volta. The problem with new music is I see very little creativity, sure every band is something new/different and everything sounds better because of advancements in technology, but nothing seems to stand out to me. I'm not the kind of person that wants to stand out because of preference in music, I just like listening to artistic music, something that shows talent, hard work, and real thought and emotion being put into it. I know what most [american] young people like these days, girls love pop like britney spears and ashleeeee simpson, boys like linkin' park, 50cent and similar bullshit (note I said MOST, not all, which is true). I really try not to shit on other people's interests as long as they don't shit on what I like, so it makes little difference to me what OTHER people listen to.
<span style="color:gray">Muse</span>
muse is okiedokie, but as far as brit rock, i go for lostprophets -- their first album, and a few of their b-sides. the new album sucked (no offense to anyone). and farther than that, radiohead is a blast.
i'm stupid and didn't read the first post before voting. :( but anyways...i would've picked other instead of just rock...

:: Easy listenin
still not really sure about the category, but these pretty much count as easy listening for me...
Alejandro Silva, Alessandro Benvenuti, Brett Garsed, Jan Cyrka,... instrumentals with softer tones i suppose. as for why, just wow. wow.
Brian McKnight, Boyz II Men, Troop,... there's just no need to justify.

:: Hip-Hop
i like random, picky stuff out of this category. mostly for their beats but i won't sacrfice taste for only half a song.
pretty much all I can really keep in here is George Howard.
Sublime...maybe i should put this in rock as well....nah.
DJ Onyx

:: Rap
Z-Ro, Canibus, 2Pac, Eminem,...
&lt;-great beats-great writing skills-&gt;

:: Rock/Blues
Mellowdrone, Muse, 3 Doors Down, Tantric, Cowboy Mouth, The Offspring, The Beatles, Beach Boys, STP, Saves the Day, NFG, NOFX, Goldfinger, Thursday, Taking Back Sunday, Head Automatica,...
satisfies when i'm in the mood for intense, hyper, or melancholy sounds. i've been listening to almost nothing but Mellowdrone lately. just fantastic stuff.

:: Metal
Tool, APC, Pearl Jam, The Extreme, Linkin Park, Andy Timmons, Rage Against the Machine,...
i need some harder intensity sometimes. tool supplies a lot of the mental stimulation for me in this category too.

:: Classical
Chopin, Claude Debussy, Edvard Grieg, Mozart, Beethoven,...
simply amazing. chopin and debussy make me quiver with delight.

:: Country/bluegrass
Brad Paisley, The Maveriks, The Eagles,...
happy or sad, there's a song for every mood. oh and the eagles are just undeniably awesome.

:: Jazz
Duke Ellington, George Howard, Dave Matthews Band,...
i &lt;3 orchestral sounds used in jumpy tunes. i &lt;3 sax/brass.
muse?? muse????????

mate, sorry to disillusion you, but ive grown up 15 miles from where they used to live, and talked to a few of their fans from other parts of the country. EVERYONE who has met matt bellamy thinks he is a muppet.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
Black Metal!:cuss::bh::devil: