Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change falling animation on client side?
Miagi's thread reminded me that I wanted to see if there was a way to change the spiral falling animation. I tend to fall alot because I really suck lol, and I don't really like it that much, it makes me dizzy:wacko:. So if anyone knows if there's a way that would be great:), it would make my Rico playing a bit more enjoyable.
The spiral falling is the entity trigger_fall which again is set in the map itself. You can change the sounds though :P. I have the lovely Scientist screaming when I fall, funny for 1 minute or so, you get use to it.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

um...im not sure but i think that the whole falling part is in the code...the entity just tells the client when to trigger it...im not sure if you could...i told evil about this but im not sure if hes done anything but if you notice the STEAM client.dll is like 228kb (im not sure about the EXACT sizes) and the won dll is about 220kb...so that tells me that the checksum for the client.dlls for the server is not about size...maybe you could edit the falling animation out of the client.dll and still have it work? or maybe a cvar to trigger it on and off.
I haven't had much time to look around but I will still pursue it...if it is in the client dll than there is not much that can be done but I will post what I find.