Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spiders
Who would have ever thought that one spider can cause this with one bite? Take a look at the pics...

http://www.fs.fed.us/r1/fire/nrcg/Committe...n%20Recluse.htm

edit by GRITS

These are really graphic pictures of deteriorating flesh....not recommended while you are eating or for the weak of heart.......or stomach
[Image: olbestlogo5tq.jpg]
Thanks QOLIM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: olbest.png]
I had a friend lose most of her big toe much the same way as the thumb bite pitures, no one could convince her to have it looked at until it got really bad.
oh my god...

oh my god...

I didn't know spider bites could do something like that. You should warn people about those pictures, they're pretty disgusting.
we have them under our house, the cable guy points them out when ever he comes over to do any work :P
Gee what are the chances that I was eating a cheese steak hoagie. No I didn't lose it, it's strange why people can't stand blood or something graphic.

The guy with the leg pictures, did he have surgery or did all that skin deteriorate in ONE day? It looked like there were prep surgery markings.

Also, why the heck is the wound in the open? Or how long did they wait to go see a doctor geez.

Now you see why I kill any spiders I see :P.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

^ Some people are more sensitive than others. Not everyone has seen goatse, tubgirl, pain.jpg series, surgeries in progress, or whatever.

I'm very desensitized to these kinds of pictures, but I would've probably thrown up four years ago.

edit: There's actually one picture that I saw a few weeks ago that really, REALLY disgusted me. I'll just say this: Boob STD.

Man, I wish I hadn't clicked on that link:(

I'll probably dig it up for you Miagi, since you think you can stand it :upto:
There are only three medically significant spider genus in north america, and of those, one from each which is the least bit worrying. Fatality from "dangerous spider" bites is less than 10% of global cases, even untreated.

Here is where Loxosceles reclusa lives. If you don't live there, don't worry.
[Image: loxomap.jpg]
^ Dude, I don't think you know what you're talking about, there's a spider in australia that can kill a full grown adult in 30 minutes in the most populated areas of Australia. I forget the name, but it looks a lot like the black widow.

If you don't get treatment quick you will most likely die.
http://www.desertusa.com/july97/du_bwindow.html
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2061A.html
Hmm.... Lots of both of these live up here in pa too... thats pretty crazy.
This lists Atrax robustus as one of the most deadly spiders in the world, and is the candidate from Australia.

This is the medical information available about A. robustus.
OMG!!!!
tubgirl!?!?!?!
omg that is sooooo sick.... and yet.... i wasn`t sickened....:)
i got bit once. wasnt as bad, but i went to the doctor like 30 minutes after the bite cuz it started getting swollen. they hurt like hell so u would probably feel it. theyre very common here in new mexico.
mmm i got me a whole passel of wolf spiders in my house... hiding around. they make their presence known mostly at night (when I'm the only one awake in this house :/) running across the family room floor... then there's the daddy longlegs in the garage and these spiders in the crawlspace that look just like a black widows minus the red hourglass... i prefer to catch spiders and take them outdoors rather than kill 'em though. and no..i've never been bitten! even if i had been.. i don't think these spiders can do what that one does..yikes that'd suck.
Good thing theres no dangerous spiders here... or.. any spiders that bite? I think ^_^
OH MY F************************************************* i hate spiders.... ESPECIALLY THAT ONE... (Fuzzy is glad that he lives in Denmark where no danger is)
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
There was a teacher that was bitten by a brown reclus here. Freaked everyone out when she showed us pictures of her leg. It was creepy.
FYI my friend was bitten in Arizona.... so those little guys must be migrating
Not necessarily, 90% are false positives. There are other Loxosceles in arizona, so it may have been one of them.

[Image: necromap.jpg]
lol you see that foo's dumb and the deep gash in his leg got damn . lol ***I'm Stupid for Swearing*** thats crazy. damn those daddy long legs.
lol if a power plant blows up in denmark like chernobyl fuzzy go bye bye.
so these "hobo spiders" do the same damage as a brown recluse?
The one positive thing about living in a big city is none of the more dangerous or big bugs are able to survive lol

The biggest spider I've seen was a black widow, and that was out of some sewer entrance I was playing at (hey, I was a little kid!).

Just about everything else is a negative :/ (reason I really want to move further up north)
i found a black widow crawling in my sheets, once --- while i was sleeping in them. freaked me out, but i killed it quickly enough. they don't get as big as most people think; there was one that nested outside my bedroom window, and it has lived there about six months, but it's only about an inch long. it's interesting that something so small could do so much damage, though. nifty, too. :mellow:
I lived in Arizona for a while, scorpions, havelinas, black widows, rattlesnakes....all these things are natural and we invade their homes and expect them to just go away.....
we use to use 'roach motels' to catch all the scorpions, it is like a bad movie when you look into the end of one of those little boxes and a scorpion is staring back at you.:blink:
Ugh... damn... I hate arachnids... unless they're in a box... then I make fun of them... thing they're so tough cause they can posion us... I don't got posion, I got a shoe!
http://www.snopes.com/photos/brownrecluse.asp
FreeFall,Sep 27 2004, 05:04 AM Wrote:mmm i got me a whole passel of wolf spiders in my house...
What I meant to say was hobo spiders..I found that out on irc:P
Trigun.Vash.Ace.Shot,Sep 29 2004, 04:32 AM Wrote:lol if a power plant blows up in denmark like chernobyl fuzzy go bye bye.
We have no neuclear powerplant in denmark....
but Sweden has one which is just ashore Copenhagen (Neuclear meltdown = 1.000.000 people either dead or very ill)
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
*off topic*

Gemmak, I've been meaning to ask you, do you play UO? due to the avatar :/
eeeensie weeensie spider
was hiding in a shoe
seen by a maaaan
he got flushed down the loo
came out the sewers
was angry and so mad
so watch out for that spider
cos his bites very bad

sorry i havent made up any inane poetry for at least a week and was suffering withdrawal symptoms. Hmm my university is near a nuclear power plant.... my home isnt but is fairly close to a big nuke store.... but i dont get any nasty spiders:P
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]