Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of what decent...
I was reading the names post in the polls section and a couple people mentioned their descent so i was just wondering..

I'm part native (cherokee), part icelandic and mostly canadian of course.

My grandfather of whom i never met (died when my mum was 20, before i was concieved) was born in canada but both his parents were icelandic, and I'm only about 1/16 or 1/32 native (it's confusing, we don't know much about that whole background). sort of a boring background but oh well.

Cherokee are from the southern portion of North America though, quite a ways from where I live, so we have no papers or proof of that background..but I assure you my dad's red skin is proof enough:P. We never found out how far back the pure cherokee relative goes so we don't know how much native blood me or my sister have. Apparently though, my dad's grandmother or great grandmother was going to be given to a native chief for marriage (it didn't end up happening), but that's just what i've heard from family, I don't know if it's true.
Im not real sure of myself, my last name "Moeckli" is German I believe, but I was adopted by my Dad when I was 12. My last name used to be "Van Sickle" and i believe that is Dutch (or somewhere over there).
I'm mostly canadaian, at least 3 generations. I know I've got some english, Irish and french in me to. The rest im not too sure.
im a second generation canadian.
my grandfather and grandmother (fathers side) are from England, last name "Gee"
and my grandfather and grandmother (mothers side) are from Ukrian, lask name "Shydetschek"
(dont try to pronounce it, your probably not right, lol):)
Spanish, French, and Italian.

Born in the small spanish speaking country of Uruguay in south america.

I have no idea what Machain is from, I'm gonna guess it's french.
English, Irish, Russian, Polish, German, Assyrian, Austrian, Italian, French, Persian, and something else but I can't remember what.... anyways, rel will try to tell you the same thing, but don't believe him, we found him in the shrubbery as a wee child....

and im erm of the very decent sort:P, but thats my mixed up *descent*
I'm of human decent... well parts of me are. :P

I know that my grandfather and grandmother were Canadian and I'm pretty sure their grandparents were Canadian too.

I never really tried to do a family tree thing to see exactly where I am from
Don't listen to recip! he knows nothing! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Why!?!?1
WHY!?!?
as never having heard anything different than German, I believe I'm German.. well I don't really care about decent
[Image: olbestlogo5tq.jpg]
Thanks QOLIM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: olbest.png]
black cherokee. basically if you see me you would say im black.. negro. colored.. dark.. brown... all of the above...

on the Sat's i have to put african-american... lol.
what about brown? can I call you Brown McPoopyPants?
German all the way. My mom has traced our roots back to some town in Germany, can't think of it off the top of my head.
what are we talking about here :huh:
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
talking about if you're decent or not Fuzzy :rolleyes:
* FuzzyShoting looks up the word decent

decent: adj pæn,anstændig; flink they were very decent about it de tog det pænt...
ok got it :smurf:
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
He meant descent.
Most people in Pennsylvania probably come from a German descent largely because most German immigrants settled here.

Lets see..
Fathers side: 100% German
Mothers side: Ukraine and I believe Slovak, I think I'm missing a few more.

My last name 'Allabaugh' would be German.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

ahah..haha..oh god make the laughing stop.... I get it ok!! i spelled descent wrong in the title..sheesh!:P
:ghost:
so basiclaly miagi lol if you german you are classified as white?
If you really are of German descent you're as white as they get, if you see a black German, he isn't of German descent.

edit: In the end we all come the same place anyway :/
hey miagi! ur last name doesnt sound very german but its is perhaps "englished" ^_^
Hrmm I think sometimes,if your ancestors came through ellis island, they couldn't pronounce the peoples name so they changed it..... hrm... for some fun....

4th generation american on my fathers mothers side
mayflower generation on my fathers fathers side
3rd generation on my mothers mothers side
4th generation on my mothers fathers side...

funny how close most are, then how far apart one is.
"Americanized".

Relinquish, your post confuses me lol B)What's close?
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Paternal grandparents: Spanish and French
Maternal grandparents: Cuban and Irish

I'm from pennsylvania, there is a larger cuban population there than you would think.
I am of Russian descent
I'm 1/4 Polish and 1/4 German. Possibly even 1/2 of both...My great grandpa's parents put him on a boat to New York when he was 13 to avoid the war. He worked for a few years in construction then heard about the booming logging industry in Washington state and settled in Aberdeen where he later met my great grandma. They married went on to have 8 children, the youngest being my grandma.

I don't know anything about my great grand parents on my dads side other than they were german and that their son, my grandpa, commited suicide :/ One of his two sons, my uncle was a colnel in the US airforce and flew in the Korean War. I remember him telling me stories about his plane being shot down in the Korean sea and sharks attacking his crew before they were saved. Only a few survived.