Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spurs...2k3...NBA Champions!
Woooooooooooooooot! Awesome series....awesome game...awesome year....awesome team....and awesome way for david robinson to retire, on father's day, with a championship. What's even better...we have tons of money...and Jason Kidd is a free agent (btw he's the best player on the team opposing us in the finals). He's so gonna be on our team! WOOOOT!

- Yay I made it to 500 before GRITS did! Champagne starts pouring!
My first and only basketball jersey is a David Robinson one. He's a great guy and a great player. Still, I only watched parts of the first 2 games ... the scoring was just too low to make it exciting, and the rest of the series did not break away from the low scoring. I imagine Jim Rome will continue to lay the smack on the series during his show tomorrow heh.

Oh well, at least the Lakers didn't win again. Grats to any Spurs fans =)
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
i met david robinson at an ihop restaurant during his rookie year. i waited until he finsished eating and paying and then i got his autograph...he was really nice about it...as i heard he often was in such matters.

anyway, as a young boy growing up in san antonio, i had posters of him, his basketball cards (including his rookie card), jersies, etc... my favorite spurs line-up included: david robinson, sean elliot, terry cummings, willy anderson, vinny del negro and avery johnson (i know that's six..terry wouldn't usually start)...the big dog, antoine carr, was cool too...lol.

after spurs games at hemisphere arena/alamo dome (god-knows-where now), david and terry would lead a prayer session w/ the fans if you chose to stay (win or lose)....it was touching to be there...because there was an honesty about it...the cameras were gone, marv albert was gone, sponsers were gone...just the players and the fans would remain to worship...i've never been religous but it seemed like a decent thing to do for the community.

anyways, the year i moved to utah, they aquired tim duncan...i'm glad they did...i didn't want to see david end up like recently retired utah jazz star john stockton (also a good guy btw); w/o a championship ring. and now, i am happy that he has a going away "present" to mark the end of an exceptional career...

:thumb: #50

btw cloud, please encourage the spurs to pick up karl malone too...i offer to pack his bags every year, but god damnit he's still in a jazz jersey at the start of the season.^_^.
Yeah, I um... hate the spurs... I live in LA... you make the connection.
Go globetrotters. I miss meadowlark lemon.
the lakers are pricks...:thumb:
I saw the globe trotters when I was about 8 and they had to have been the best team going cus they distroyed the other team and made them look really bad as I remember, but I think basketball rules have changed sense then cus you hardly ever seen a team member throwing a bucket of confetti into the crowd to distract the ref anymore, [guess it is against the rules now][stupid rules]. Anyway I think that was the last time I went to a game or even watched, of that sport. all because of that stupid "no confetti rule"
and they will throw you out of the game if you pull down the ref's pants. They have taken all the skill out of the game.
lol :P