Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holdouts hldm
Wow, just played HL for the first time in like a year or so, played at holdouts, some of these guys are alot better than I remember, so yes basically I got my ass kicked. This game is so much better on cable than it was on 56k. I probably need to try FA also again. anyway good going for keeping a good server going sweetie.
I know :/ And to think I used to be on Dialup and still couldn't whip anyone's ass!
yeah, i just got back from there...man, i always get spanked at that server. didn't do to bad this time though...almost broke even. stalkyard is always a bad map for me. i think a lot of the regulars are old hldm vets, so i wouldn't worry about it...it's a good opportunity to test strategy and work on some evasion...^_^

yeah, i didn't get into the whole multiplayer thing initially. i didn't know a lot about games...i just assumed they were all geared to single-player...so i bought quakeIII and Unreal Tournament at the same time. i was so dissapointed...like where is the plot? just seemed so pointless...:Dmy 56k at the time didn't help.

btw, i just reinstalled Unreal Tournament...it's a lot of fun, particularly CTF. now, i can enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played...lol. i probably won't install quakeIII...i don't like the weapons too much.
Quake III - I always found I died rather too quickly on there, a bit like playing the Classic DM that Half Life has with the Rocket Launcher... some people just know where it is, and you die because you blinked...

Unreal - Always great fun in Multiplayer mode. Used to have that on a network and play against friends...

Quake - Only real DM I played after Doom

Doom - First multiplayer I played...

Heretic - Played in single player mode only.
asm., I was the newb scats you kept killing.
:lol:i hope you come back, jabba, so we can gang up on that "johnny knoxville jr." guy..lol. everytime i spawned or couldn't find a decent weapon, he was putting two pounds of buckshot in my spine. and that other guy w/ the nades...man, those wimps!...hehe.
btw Jabba you have admin access there if things get out of hand or you just want to do a map change...or just 'admin_slay asm" next time....teasing.
didn't work for admin, might want to check for me. but fun anyway
I have found my server, yes this has to be the best damned server i've come across. It must be the rotation of the maps, yes that's it, btw, some unique models there.

asm. how do you ever kill anything there. I found myself staring down the barrel of vadavaka's bow and thinking "kill me slow like".
yah, it's hard playing if you haven't in a while. Last year, i had a cast on my right hand for 6 weeks, and couldn't play the duration. i almost went insane. when i came back, i sucked. i mean, even AL could kick my ass.
recently, however, more and more hackers have been coming out to the server. You can see the aimbot when they whip out the gluon gun, and then it's just a matter of screwing with them before you ban them. i like to give them something to think about the next time they think of connecting....