Poll: What's your favorite?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's a Wonderful Life
0%
0 0%
Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
0%
0 0%
A Christmas Story
35.00%
7 35.00%
The Grinch
5.00%
1 5.00%
Miracle on 34th Street
0%
0 0%
The Santa Clause
0%
0 0%
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
25.00%
5 25.00%
Bad Santa
15.00%
3 15.00%
Home Alone
5.00%
1 5.00%
The Nightmare Before Christmas
15.00%
3 15.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Movies
my choice is a three way tie between A Christmas Story, Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer and Bad Santa ^_^
Ummm well I don't know how it is called in english but I like that movie in which three ghosts of christmas visit a woman who has been mean to everyone in her environment. First appears the ghost of passed christmas and shows her what she missed in her younger years. Then the ghost of today's christmas appears and shows her what trouble she's causing today. Finally the ghost of future christmas appears and she sees herself at her own funeral and only two guests come to say goodbye. From that point on she totally changes her behaviour and it becomes a wonderful christmas for all:)
[Image: olbestlogo5tq.jpg]
Thanks QOLIM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: olbest.png]
That one here has many names.

A Christmas Carol (I think the first movie for this was done back in the 40's, maybe earlier)
Scrooge
Scrooged (this is a pretty good one, it has Bill Murray it in)
The muppets did one a few years ago called "The Muppet Christmas Carol" Its funny also.

There are afew other ones but I can't remember their names.
Oh ya there is one christmas movie I like, its called "Bernard and the Genie" its pretty funny.
Hard to choose between nightmare on christmas and national lampoon.
i had to go with National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation:P...my "family" makes it a tridition that whenever were all together we watch this movie...pretty lamorz but eh:Pits a tradition and no one ever seems to mind, we spend more time talking now a days during the movie than watching it tho
I make sure I see Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story every year. I've seen both so many times I can probaly recite every word. I think TBS runs the 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story starting on Christmas Eve.

My father always makes sure he gets to see the Grinch every year. Not the recently made Jim Carrey movie, but the half hour cartoon from years ago.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
That Scooby Doo Christmas thing with Mimi from The Drew Carey Show was hilarious. Well, not really. Just the one line in it (Anon can vouch for that). Oh man... Still laughing.

Maybe you had to be there.

I think Olbest is talking about the muppets one, because all the other takes on A Christmas Carol have a male as Scrooge.
I don't know the englich name but it is a movie wiht chevie chase (spelling??). he tries to celebrate xmas wiht his family but..yea..everyting that could go wrong goes wrong..
Yo, A Christmas Story I've watched every year for the past 20 years, and it still kills me every time. I've been looking every day in the TV guide for it to play, but havent seen it yet :(
Marlo Thomas did "A Christmas Carol" as "Scrooge" female version.

A White Christmas is a classic in my book right up there with It's a Wonderful Life. I think Christmas Story with the whole red ryder bb gun is slow but I still watch it every year. I make sure I watch Charlie Browns Christmas every year too. I also watch the 'true meaning of Christmas' movies but none of them stand out as a favorite.

I like Tim Allen's Santa Clause but my favorite Christmas movie...the one that makes me LMAO is the Chevy Chase National Lampoon's Christmas. The squirrel in the tree thing still makes me laugh as do many of the other sight jokes and one liners....we have a contest in town for the Griswald house. The one with the hoekiest decorations or the most "made up" with lights etc.
Wha?,Dec 22 2004, 08:08 PM Wrote:That Scooby Doo Christmas thing with Mimi from The Drew Carey Show was hilarious. Well, not really. Just the one line in it (Anon can vouch for that). Oh man... Still laughing.

Maybe you had to be there.

I think Olbest is talking about the muppets one, because all the other takes on A Christmas Carol have a male as Scrooge.
I was actually gonna bring that up, but I couldnt figure out a tasteful way of doing it. I should try and watch it again, just so i can memorize the line, it just hits you so hard and fast you cant prepare for it. Oh well, if I cant explain that I can always say mimi's character from Drew Carey was still the character wearing the most make up.
GRITS,Dec 23 2004, 03:01 AM Wrote:I like Tim Allen's Santa Clause but my favorite Christmas movie...the one that makes me LMAO is the Chevy Chase National Lampoon's Christmas. The squirrel in the tree thing still makes me laugh as do many of the other sight jokes and one liners....we have a contest in town for the Griswald house. The one with the hoekiest decorations or the most "made up" with lights etc.
that's what I was talking about GRITS ;:lol:
its all bout the charlie brown christmas. forshamed for not having that to vote upon
Wanksta,Dec 24 2004, 07:05 AM Wrote:its all bout the charlie brown christmas. forshamed for not having that to vote upon
OMG! How could I have forgotten? :blink: I'll be sure and add it to next years favorite christmas movie poll k
i chose The Nightmare Before Christmas... it's the only christmas movie that made it's way past my movie collection's bouncer. take that you other movies!
How could you also forget the simpsons christmas special? (season 1)

Sorry if this poll turns into a convo about how they suck now.
My parents used to have a tradition to always watch White Christmas. I don't know if they still do it, I stopped partaking in that tradition many years ago.

But best movie, I'm gonna have to go with A christmas story. I mean its not christmas unless you are eating christmas dinner at a Chinese Restaurant!
YAY im in mexico...this message is signed by me...IN MEXICO ! ! ! !
Wanksta,Dec 29 2004, 06:25 PM Wrote:YAY im in mexico...this message is signed by me...IN MEXICO ! ! ! !
Did you escape from the FBI again ??... Wank... you gotta stop running around Blowing stuff up
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
Wanksta,Dec 29 2004, 09:25 AM Wrote:YAY im in mexico...this message is signed by me...IN MEXICO ! ! ! !
Oh!:oWhile you're there, be sure to stop by and see acid