Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HL Source and DOD Source
So I'm just sitting here staring at the steam Play Games window and see HL Source and above that coming soon DOD Source. Not sure why I didn't think of this before, but how is it they are selling a port of a game that someone already has?

Example. I have half-life. Now HL: Source is the exact same game except with "physics" and is "nicer" looking? And they are charging people for this.

Wait, no. They aren't. Because the only way you can get it is to buy gold or silver from steam. You can't just buy DOD Source alone. So... Lets say you bought hl2 retail and you want DOD Source, you're SOL now because the only way you can get it is to register a new steam account and purchase GOLD or Silver on steam.

So now you're like, well maybe I will just sell my single HL2 account to someone so I can buy silver or gold just for a game that is the same but with physics and nicer graphics. But steam says "NO! ONLY WE CAN MAKE MONEY MUAHAHA!" I think they even mentioning about deactivating that account. Being a good person you don't sell the account because it would be unfair to the buyer. Now you have two accounts, one with HL2 and another with HL2, DOD Source and Half-life source... So one is just a waste because you wanted only 1 game and it cost you more than your retail HL2..

I don't even know why they put Half-life source on my games if I can't purchase JUST that game. I know its for the people who didn't buy HL2 though.

They really are trying to get their money's worth out of this source engine. Im surprised they gave cs:source with HL2..
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

I think they will be selling dod source retail.
They will otherwise you are going to have a very small community for it. Activision owns the publishing rights so when it's done I'm sure they will box it up for retail.
[Image: b_560x95.png]