Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fritokid makes it big time
well maybe not big time but its still cool, his picture is the first i believe on the website for his reading program on this page http://rolla.k12.mo.us/middle/accelerated_reader.htm
way to go fritokid:thumb:
Hrm, I don't remember any program like that in my school. In fact, I'm not even sure where the library was in my middle school...

So they have to read x amount of books?

The page made me laugh though, I always made fun of my school's background on their site since they changed it and here its the same background on that site.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

NERD!
depends on what difficulty level the book is and how well you do on the test about the book to see what points you get, he is at 87% of his AR goal for the remainder of the year, so he is "good to go" to get his picture hung up in the school when he hits a 100%
We had that program from Elementary through Middle school. Yeh I was a dork also, in 8th grade I had the 3rd most out of the entire school...

Seems they motified it though, with the reading level and certain books in your level. We could read w/e we wanted, but the more difficult the book, the more AR points it was worth.
i remember a reading program at my local library during the summer. It gave prizes to people who read alot of books. I did it a couple times, but eventually outgrew it. I never went to the library in middle school. I never had any need to.
we get free six flags tickets and im not at 87% im at 81%

im reading an awesome book right now

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: josh-waggoner-sticker.jpg]
any book on top of a video card box is a good book in my books.
LOL! :lol:
Speaking of the video card... How is that one?

I saw it on best buy and was thinking about getting it since it was the only pci card that supported dx9 and had tv-out. Of course the only problem is I would also have to buy a new power supply...

its awsome it looks soo cool and fast
reading is not good for you. it makes you smarter.
I stopped in just to say "Way to go Kid"
its not a bad card, runs CS and TFC pretty good, havent tried it with HL2 because he hasnt saved his money to buy it yet. :P
If it takes 50 dollars to make him happy i say do it, because soon he will realize that money will not buy happiness.

So cough it up ^_^
wait what? I am always happy with money.
woo congrats fritokid:Dvery nice indeed;)
fritoman,Jan 28 2005, 04:11 PM Wrote:its not a bad card, runs CS and TFC pretty good, havent tried it with HL2 because he hasnt saved his money to buy it yet. :P
I just got the card today, when HL2 starts it reboots my pc :(.

I didnt say it would run HL2, guess I should have updated here.... when I installed and ran CS source on his computer it was so choppy it was unplayable, but it did run it...it was so choppy because it is a 450 mhz processor
Heh I know, I had my eyes on the card for awhile just so it would hold me over till I save for a new pc.

But I am glad you said it works for CS:source, means its not the card, could probably tweak the card a bit. If you don't mind, what kind of powersupply do you have?

It says its a 115/230 volt, his is a really funky computer I bought second hand at the used computer shop I frequent here in town. Its a Dell optiplex GX1, I love the way it opens and the power supply swings out of the way when you are working on the interior, it was set up for ease in taking out and putting in new equipment, all computers should be set up like this IMO. we did download the beta drivers from http://www.9down.com/ , they are sposta be the best drivers for nvidia to run HL2, also you need to adjust all your video setting to the lowest settings so you dont over work the card in game.
Heh thanks. I think the card is bad or doesn't go well with my pc, it rebooted when trying to run 3dmark03, so it wasnt just HL2. Its just more money towards a new pc now.

Never buy a HP. I had to squeeze my powersupply in :P

I just bought a sharp 26" hdmi TV. think I will hook my puter to it and see what happens. and by the why, fritokid, whaterver can keep keep you interested at school make sure and push your dad. The more you respect, the less you have to obey! Words from Jabba.
Yeah, jabba's knows what he's talkin' about... He was doin' that stuff before our time.... wait not just before our time, but before time it self.... :o:huh:

Just playin'. :lol:

:ph34r:*runs in circles*:ph34r: