Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new arena tourney
since I missed the last one I'm keen on taking part in a new tourney but will there be one? and when? does GRITS want to support one with her server and all the stuff she does for us? and are there enough players who want to take part in a arena tourney?

I hope that there will be one ^_^
Well my vote would be no unless there are alot of changes. Also if we do another one I don't think we should have it until the summer. That way all of the people with school and such have a little bit more of an open calendar. I know Grits got very annoyed at how the last one ran.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
The past 2 tourneys, DM and Arena, were pretty messy and frustrating. People wanted in then couldn't play. The last one probably had a very good chance of getting called off, some weren't checking the forums nor posting times.

I was writing exactly what Png said about changes when all of a sudden CS started loading on my pc B).
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Is the one we just had over yet??? (/me ducks as stuff is thrown at him) :)

As long as we set some very strong rules like "set a date to play, if you don't play on that date you are out and an alternate will be picked. If there are no alternates then people put out in the previous round will be used to fill in the space."

And then we stick to it.
im always game ^_^
Think ill watch this one...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Some how I told you show just doesn't do me justice. But I would also like to see this one fail just like Both RC leagues my tourny the the last tourny and the dm tourny and everythig else that we've tried to do collectively.
Well I guess we can count PG out of all the future tourneys
PuNkGirL,Feb 7 2005, 06:28 AM Wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!   Some how I told you show just doesn't do me justice.  But I would also like to see this one fail just like Both RC leagues my tourny the the last tourny and the dm tourny and everythig else that we've tried to do collectively.
The leagues failed and your tourny failed. The DM and 2 arena ones we had did not fail. They had their fair share of problems but they were completed to the end. We just need to work out the bugs. Kinda hard to do when people have regular lives to run. Grits has been the backbone in all of this. She doesn't have to be that nice. She even spent her own money on prizes. Compared to the leagues and your tourny I think we did a much better job. You think that it is an easy thing to do? Get a grip.

To say you would like to purposely see something from our community fail is sad. Why do you even hang around here then if you have that got that kind of attitude?
So you are saying that my tourny failed because it was on my end? It failed cause people lost interest towards the end. But anyways I appreciate you chewing me out for expressing my opinion even though the way i expressed it was rather rude. I stay here for my own reasons I haven't broken any rules and so I don't see why my being here should be challenged.
It has nothing to do with rules. The reason I questioned you being around here is due to you basically saying how much you would love seeing something from our community fail.

Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean jack. That doesn't mean I'm supposed to be nice. You admit what you said rude so I took you to task for what you said.

What type of response did you expect from your reply?
I'm locking this thread because none of us really have time for another tournament right now, maybe sometime down the road.
It would be an far stretch to call the tournaments held here failures. They all started, were maintained, and were completed. The failure would come solely upon the players participating, or rather the players who decided to participate and then failed to follow through. Being more rigid could have helped them move more quickly towards completion, but I'm sure that grits showed kindness in trying to see that everyone got their chance. In effect that kindness was taken advantage of, and thats the problem that the tournies had. The effort, competitive spirit, and fun derived from the tournaments was wonderful (at least for me:P), and far outwieghed what a lot of people have pointed out as negatives. Anyone can speak poorly of them, but if you took part in them then, unless sour because you lost, you would have to identify the overwhelmingly positive aspects that those thournaments brought forth. I'd like to point out that both during the dm and arena tournaments, I had never seen so many people talented people step up their game and get practicing on the servers. I can assure those who took part in the efforts to get the tournaments to completetion, that they have my appreciation, and hopefully others.