Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with HL2 and Flashlight
I've been having a little problem with using the flashlight on all source mods.

I can't capture a screenshot of what its doing but I can describe it.

Whenever I turn the flashlight on, textures start flickering and continues to do so until I restart the game. If I don't use the flashlight it runs fine. So far not using the flashlight worked fine but on some maps I've been playing its needed.

The only thing I did was I bought a new video card, installed it, uninstalled it and took it back to the store. Reinstalled old video card(just realized in a different spot than I had it before). Installed new powersupply. Of course I was sure to use a driver cleaner for the video cards.

A few possibilities I could think of that could be causing the problem is possibly one of the steam updates caused it or the slot its in. I did try reinstalling the video card drivers and that didn't work. This only happens on source engine games so I'm guessing its because of one of the updates, it was working fine a few months ago on source.

Just wondering if anyone is having the same problem. I suppose I will give steams great support page another try even though they still never replied to another problem I had.

Vid card geforce 4 mx440 64mb pci
640m mb ram
1.3 Ghz CPU
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!