Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So someone update me
I know before I left for the pacific I was playing agianst some pretty good regulars on deathmatch server. Anyone want to give me a crash course in what I missed the last 4 months?

I kinda missed the newly formed friends I made before I left. I felt at home on your guys's server.
[Image: hacksaw2qp.jpg]
You were missed
I played last night on this HUGE map it was like aztec or myan temple thing. Real big and got lost. Another map that was like a dock or something and it had a nuke weapon in it. Combine started off on one side and rebel on the other. Whats the name of this map?
I think it might have been crossfire2. It depends was there a bunker on one side and did the nuke even work?
Help there's a melon in my gravity gun!

Boom!

Oops gets them every time (snicker)

[Image: thebee52.png]
the nuke worked, but the teams spawnd on different sides of the nuke. it def wasnt any version of crossfire that I have seen. It didnt even hint to a remake of crossfire.
I don't know cause well as you might have gussed crossfire2 is the only nuke level I know.:(

Boom!

inevitableconflict? maybe..
Nope. No missile there...

This is gettin to be like a game o' hide and seek.

Boom!

Well this will be fun. So who still plays on the HL2TDM Server?
I am thinking about starting to play more as I am becoming more disgruntled over CS Ss hit boxes and or hit detections, HL2DM is a very fun game but the times I tried to join I had problems getting the map or just didnt know anyone on the server. I might need to look over the forums and see if there are some maps I need to download before I try and join again. :P
fritoman,Jun 14 2005, 07:12 PM Wrote:I am thinking about starting to play more as I am becoming more disgruntled over CS Ss hit boxes and or hit detections, HL2DM is a very fun game but the times I tried to join I had problems getting the map or just didnt know anyone on the server. I might need to look over the forums and see if there are some maps I need to download before I try and join again. :P
At vadavaka.com you can download the maps. As for CS:S the only way i'll ever play that game on the net is with low gravity^_^. This is because personally I think that Valve put to much realism and not enough game in CS:S.:wacko:

Boom!

I stalk the Vadavaka server in Steam, waiting for someone to join. Sometimes I'm just there in the server alone. Hopefully, we will get more regulars in there. I play mostly on weekend evenings.

Teisel07
[Image: teisel07.png]
Teisel07,Jun 14 2005, 11:43 PM Wrote:I stalk the Vadavaka server in Steam, waiting for someone to join. Sometimes I'm just there in the server alone. Hopefully, we will get more regulars in there. I play mostly on weekend evenings.

Teisel07
Ditto other than the stalking part .And like Fritoman said he should be playing soon too

Boom!

we are neck deep in a ricochet tournament,
that is not really off topic, it lets you know why some of the regulars are not in HL2DM,
PnG just reorganzied the maplist and added a few and took off a few

We will probably have another lock down night, where only the community will have the password to get in, we had such a blast last time, no accusations of cheat, just because you got off a few good shots, and no noob changing sides every 3 points

keep an eye on the forums for the date and password
Lol. If only I got a dollar everytime a person changed due to score (instead of unfair balance) I'd be stinkin' rich. MUHAHAHHAHA

Boom!

Server has been more empty as of late due to HL2DM in general losing alot of players. There used to be arond 1300 servers a couple months ago. Now I see half that at times. So the popularity of DM has worn off some.

Plus you have some good new PC games out or coming out that will affect this more. A big name title like Battlefield 2 which is a game that has been hyped up for the past year comes out next week.

Guild Wars is another recently released game that has attracted alot of players.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Well Hopefully with my return we can get the ball rolling agian. I love HL2TDM.

Before I left on my trip there was around 1500 servers doing hl2dm now there is only like 500 on a good day in the weekend. Do you think the addtion of the laser trip bomb was the catalyst for this demise?

Personally i think it is the abundance of 8-12 year olds thinking there are god. Lately there have been alot of young Mic Spammers who just wont sthu.
Hacksaw Jack,Jun 15 2005, 05:12 PM Wrote:Well Hopefully with my return we can get the ball rolling agian. I love HL2TDM.

Before I left on my trip there was around 1500 servers doing hl2dm now there is only like 500 on a good day in the weekend. Do you think the addtion of the laser trip bomb was the catalyst for this demise?

Personally i think it is the abundance of 8-12 year olds thinking there are god. Lately there have been alot of young Mic Spammers who just wont sthu.
It is depressing with the decrease of hl2 servers but wait 10 years then hl3 will come out then everyone will be practicing fps skills in hl2 while they wait to get their pcs upgraded!

Boom!

When does everyone play, I am trying to figure out a good time to look at the server through HLSW
HLSW? I play on a server that you do too with the initials SW If that's what you mean.

Usually play at night in Ohio (around 10:00 ish)

Boom!

HLSW stands for Half-Life Server Watch. Personally I think ASE (All Seeing Eye) is better for browsing servers due to the amount of filters you can check for personal tastes. HLSW is better for admin things in my opinion.

Anyway my best times are Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm not saying I am always around those 3 days but they are mostly the only days I really have time to play.

Plus we are always in IRC if you just want to idle or maybe get a game going not just in HL2 but other games aswell.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Im up for setting something up

btw HS you military? Im just wondering where you went and for why? but you dont have to answer, just glad you are back safe
I was contracted by the military, nothing dangerous, I set up infrastructure for the army. like computers and stuff.