Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends Network
Has anyone got the Friends network to work with them? It seems as if it is is a feature that is unaccesible. When I log on it says:

You failed to connect to the Friends servers.

Teisel07
[Image: teisel07.png]
Steam friends rarely worked when Steam came out almost 2 years ago. For awhile now it has been down completely. My advice get Xfire. A number of people have it here and it supports tons of games and is always adding some. Plus you can have it in your sig like a few of us do here so you can see what games people are playing or are interested in. Also it will list server info if you want to play in the same server with someone.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Now with x-fire why does it say all these peeps are my friends when

A:I never played a certain game.

or B:Never even said I was a friend let alone met them?
Help there's a melon in my gravity gun!

Boom!

Oops gets them every time (snicker)

[Image: thebee52.png]
Friends network for steam uses its own port, check steam support for details (this is assuming you're behind some type of firewall).
I think xfire gives you some friends to start with..not sure about that
Just delete those friends when you first install xfire. Xfire will also list friend of friends too which you may want to delete. A friend of yours may have friends that are not yours, but xfire will list them for whatever reason. I guess they figure if they are friends of a friend of yours you will want to play with them.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Alright thanks PnG! I'll mess around with my sig later. But now that I have Xfire, I can remotely harrass the Bee to play HL2DM.

Teisel07
[Image: teisel07.png]