Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just an idea
why not rename the programming section to "technical stuff" and put in a technical support section.

Just throwing this out there because of the recent support threads in the general stuff section.
ok I will give it a try but I am not real sure people look for the 'right' forum to post under and it is not really that big of a deal.....but for example there is a forum called Suggestions and Requests where I figure this thread probably would have been if someone was looking for it :P
Heh I mentioned this in IRC a few days ago.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Personally..I think the forums need to sized down..its too specific. Get rid of things that can be combined..I'll come up with something.
I don't see anything that needs to be combined. Only thing I can think we don't need is the UT2004 forum since we don't have a server for that game, but for some reason we kept the forum.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
GRITS,Jul 27 2005, 05:33 AM Wrote:ok I will give it a try but I am not real sure people look for the 'right' forum to post under and it is not really that big of a deal.....but for example there is a forum called Suggestions and Requests where I figure this thread probably would have been if someone was looking for it :P
shit you're right

i lose at forums
Power and Glory,Jul 27 2005, 08:34 PM Wrote:I don't see anything that needs to be combined. Only thing I can think we don't need is the UT2004 forum since we don't have a server for that game, but for some reason we kept the forum.

Hall Of Shame and Gag, Kicked, Banned (admin section) and Banned. We have three places for the same thing.

There is some others but its late..till later on.
these three arent really the same

the 'admin section banned' is a place where admins can discuss the bans in detail without embarrassing the other players involved (in cases where we post logs for example) and without getting 30 additional post from 'concerned' players on every ban or 'soon to be ban'
it is also used for general notification of who you banned, this is seen and used by admins only
sort of like underground Walt Disney World, no one needs to see ALL the workings of the community and how we get the magic to work and keep the servers clean

The HALL of Shame is notification to the community that we 'got' the person they XXX in the logs and others that were bothering people, I use to get multiple PMs and emails from players asking if "player" had been taken care of, it was easier just to post one time that the malcontent was gone (only admins/moderators can post there) This is not used so much since we have mIRC and could be deleted or leave it so people can see what happened to their "friends"
it also reinterates the kind of players that are banned from the servers

and the 'banned' forum is where those that are banned can plead their case and is visible to guests and the community to post in.

The only people that those forums look redundant to are the admins, sorry about that:(
_Acid_Head_,Jul 27 2005, 02:16 AM Wrote:why not rename the programming section to "technical stuff" and put in a technical support section.

Just throwing this out there because of the recent support threads in the general stuff section.
your idea sux.
_Acid_Head_,Jul 27 2005, 02:16 AM Wrote:why not rename the programming section to "technical stuff" and put in a technical support section.

!!!