Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the Wastes
well, I wanted to let the hl mod reviews section die...but i have been playing this one mod and...

"the wastes" kicks ass! great game w/ cool weapons. the maps are awesome too and lend themselves well to that post-apocalyptic feel. don't be fooled by the gallery shots on their web-site....they are old...the game, now, looks twice as good. it's played deathmatch style which pleases me but may bother the cs set. i've talked to the developers (yes, i have connections...i mean, okay, they just happened to be playing on the same server i was...^_^) and they said that team-play and possibly CTF is comming soon to the game. The game has this strange weighting system where you can collect as many unique weapons left throughout the game, but the more weapons you have, the sluggier you move which makes a bit of sense i suppose (thankfully, u can drop weapons like in cs). i recommend this game if you like the atmosphere of mad max, trigun or that cool level in wolfenstein rtcw where the city has been devestated by allied bombs.

the Wastes homepage

check out the arsenal link...don't ya just want to fire those handguns? :)
Changes from beta 2:
[*]Teamplay, with several different methods of play has been added.
[*]Completely rebuilt weapon & player models, with new sounds and sprites.
[*]Weapons have been balanced.
[*]Seven brand new maps, three supporting teamplay, and four supporting standard deathmatch.
[*]All new damage settings & inventory system.

Sounds like they already have Team Play ready to go. :-D
oh!...hmm...well, there ya go...cool. the server i go to i guess only runs dm maps...i wonder if they have a system like in ricochet where the map determines the type of play?

thanks net.
i have the wastes 2 for some time but it have never anybody on the servers ph34r:
[Image: Bloodysign.jpg]