Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fixes on Arena
We put the new fixes on arena so people shouldn't be able to exploit floater bug. 2v2 will work too.

Hopefully I fixed the crashing bug with my 2v2 fix, if not I will just disable my 2v2 scoreboard fix so grits can keep the other fixes on.

Still have to update DM, but gonna watch for crashes.

You might also notice when your match ends that your name won't appear white anymore in the scoreboard. :o
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

thanks miagi:)
* GRITS crosses fingers
First of all, thank you for the hard work put into getting this done!

Just a couple of things:

- Jumping, for some reason, seems different now, I couldn't put my finger on it, the gravity just seems slightly messed up (was something in jumps changed to fix 2v2 or the spectator bug??). Maybe I was just hallucinating, but it seemed like you would jump into the air slower yet land harder than before this patch.

- The rc_arena_tourny_2v2 map needs a small adjustment, or we need a new map, because that map has power-ups in it, and although we were having TONS of fun playing fixed 2v2 mode, I feel removing the power-ups would make this map much more fun.

Thanks again.
Hrm, pique did the maps. He has fixed the powerups, just have to get that version of the map on the server.

Nothing I changed affected gravity.

To fix 2v2 all I did was fix the white disc (player getting set to 0 when match is over) and "refresh" the scoreboard so the names are kept with matches.

The spectator fix simply is located in white disc fix and just makes sure they aren't in 'spectate'.

The only thing I can think of affecting 'gravity' is map side. Would have to ask pique on that one.

I think it was just me:)
when we set up the jwarena server jumping felt weird too. restarting the server helped...dunno if it was the same problem
Dunno, there was an HL update recently, but I think GRITS' 24/7 was restarted after that Valve patch.
i havn't played in a long time so i dont know what your talking about gravity....are you talking about the 2v2 map or the 2v2_arena map? or just arena in general?

rc_arena_tourny_2v2 shouldn't have a powerup, i try to keep all tourny maps without a powerup. I think i remember fooking that one up tho...thought i fixed it...I cant remember, i might striaghten it out later.
The correct map (powerup less 2v2 arena) is on the server now.

What's the name Miagi?
rc_arena_tourny_2v2

Well I believe I fixed one floater bug, pique tested it before. But I hear there is still another spectate bug.

Can anyone tell me anything about it? WHen it happens, what they do.

there's still a spectate bug i am he which reoprted this to grits As of currently dated state , you see, a spectate bugger will float around but he is unable to attackm, I HAVE PERSONALL KILLED THIS MAN IN
Do you know if the bug users are in a match(someones opponent) or are waiting to be put in a match(queued)?

If he/she is in the waiting list and not in an actual match, then I might have an idea where to fix it :P.

If he/she is in a match and somehow uses floater bug to enter other arenas, then I'll have to go through the entire match code again.

The other day before the latest fixes, someone came into my arena where I was playing against someone, the exploiter was able to shoot and kill me. I have never seen this before.

The current 'floater' fix, fixes it so your opponent doesn't spawn floating.

My theory is the exploiters are not in a match, since otherwise if they were in a match the floater bug would kick in and they would fall, and are somehow respawning themselves while in spectate.. Probably will be easy to fix with an if statement to check if spectators are alive KILLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

B)

It was during a match, right at the beggining of one of my matches actually
Er. Him, not you. Unless you mean the exploiter was your opponent...

With help from some regulars, thrice and yoda, I was able to replicate the exploit and know where to fix it now. And thanks to acid for bringing it up to grits woot.

EDIT:

I fixed the exploit. Must wait until tomorrow for it to take affect.