Poll: Would you participate in a Ricochet arena league?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
57.69%
15 57.69%
No
19.23%
5 19.23%
I'm not sure if I'll have the time (No)
7.69%
2 7.69%
I want a Deathmatch league instead. (if you wont play arena)
7.69%
2 7.69%
I want a Team Deathmatch league instead. "" ""
3.85%
1 3.85%
I want a Team Arena league instead. "" ""
3.85%
1 3.85%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you participate in a Ricochet arena league?
rc_arena_tourney league, just assume we have the people willing to run it, and the webspace needed for the webpage with updated stats.
:thumb:Well we can *ALL* guess who voted no, but whatever...

Anyways, I'd be more than willing to help set this up and keep it running.. I think we should have a somewhat board that all sits together and creates this thing and makes sure it's running.

As Pique stated.. this could end up falling a part like all of the others.. so what will it take for us to do in order to prevent that from happening? Removing players if they become inactive? Any other options?

I'm in.
soon as ive got a net connection in my house (call it a week) i would be in. Somebody has to be bottom of the table.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
CloudFuel,Sep 15 2005, 11:47 AM Wrote:As Pique stated.. this could end up falling a part like all of the others..
No I didn't

The idea of just a list of names on a thread that you can challenge prevents it from falling apart if there are 5+ people still interested in playing. As for if there less than 5 people...sorry nothing can help you then. the whole point of mine is that there are NO SET DATES that mathces have to be played by. So that if you're not active, you dont hold up everyone else who is active. Yes there are set date matches, but its not like the other tournys we've had. You're not assigned a match and have to play within a week. Yea if someone challenges you, you might have to forfeit that one if u cant make it. But again, IT DOES NOT HOLD UP THE ENTIRE LADDER. And eventually, with ranking, you will only be playing people who can play everyday or every other day.
Woah Woah Woah.. lol.

What I meant by my statement was what you just said... if we did a league like a tourney it would fall apart.. I should've been more clear, my bad!

I agree with you 100%, though, and that's why we're doing it this way.:)
I went with no time
Well... my theory behind the no time thing is...

This Open-Ladder League does not force you to play any matches other than the ones sent out to you from other players (ie-challenges)... other than these you can go the entire time without challenging a single player.. granted your rank may reflect that, thus causing you to want to move up in ranks and thus play more often.. and win more often, but only doing so while you ACTUALLY have time to!:)

SO in review:

If you don't have time, you could still play whenever you do have time, if you're interested enough! :thumb: