Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Spray
I've got a picture for my spray. I've done all of the resizing and tried all of the programs to make it a spray. I've renamed it tempdecal.wad and made it a read only. But it still doesn't show up on my screen. Anybody know what to do or how to make it work? I'd really appreciate any help. the spray is the same as my signature just in case you wondered. Thanks :-)
far away, will our eyes now see the day
for today, the everlasting eternal sun
washed away, the dreams of a brighter day
forever hold the dream inside
the chance to fight another fight
the breaking hearts that stand for all our li-i-ives
live tonight

[Image: post-71-1127203434.jpg]
[Image: MrDucklover.png]
The spray is too big. HL1 can't handle more than a specific number of pixels per spray. 96x96pixel still works, shouldn't be bigger.
Before giving you links to tutorials... tell me what you have done specifically or what tutorials you've followed.. what programs you've used.. etc. :thumb:
Alright. First, I googled it and found a site that told me to get the program Wally. So I g ot that and read the tutorial there. I then took my pictures and made the size 174/48 pixels and the chart on the site said so and made it a bitmap. The program, Wally, accepted that and only accepted certain sizes. I then saved that file as a tempdecal.wad and made it a read only file. Then I replaced that file with the one in my ricochet folder, the last one under steam. After that didn't work, I also tried saving it as the pldecal.wad and replaced that in my ricochet folder. The program Wally said my spray was ok, size and format, but then ricochet won't show it. I'm sure I've forgotten something simple, but I can't figure it out. Plus it was 4:30 in the morning when I was doing this. That could also be it. Any ideas guys?
live tonight

There's another program that I found which I like better. I can't tell what it is since I'm at school. I think its HL Decal or something.

It would change the size of the image for you.

You just reminded me I was gonna update mine to a picture DL showed me B)
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

The size isn't a problem...I've fixed it according to the chart that I've found...cloud knows what I'm talking about. I've copied the finished wad file into my ricochet folder and they are both read only the only spray that shows on the screen is the origianl one, not my custom one. I've very confused. Maybe I need someone to walk me through it again.
live tonight

Or maybe someone might be nice enough to make one for me and just send me the files and tell me what to do with them. I've got the picture and so do you!
live tonight