Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World of Warcraft.
Can I perhaps get someone to give me a full detail description on how good or bad WoW is, and if I should buy it.
Anon seems to know alot about it. There are a couple threads down the page about WoW that might help. From what I hear it's one of the best online rpg's out there. If your into online rpg's and of course don't mind the monthly fee then it's right up your alley.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I played it for 1 month then got bored. Of course, that might be because I've played nearly every single popular MMORPG out there, that I just see the same thing over and over.

It's a pretty casual game until you get to the high end part of the game (max level is 60). The community is horrid on most of the servers, but some servers are ok. Expect to be blamed on or put down as a newbie in the game, just because the group died, because I sure did.

I would recommend if if you don't mind doing basically the same things in the game every day (questing, grinding, going in dungeons/raiding, and the occasional PvPing).

But then I only played for around a month, so what do I know? :P
This is the first Ive heard someone say the community is bad. Ive heard a lot of complaining about a guild or a player, but never on the entire community. There are deffinatley problems with some players, but I think its a breath of freash air from the CS community.

Ive heard people call it monotonus, but that argument can be applied to any game. You do have to do a lot of questing and grinding, but thats the most efficent way of leveling. You can raid, but that is primarily for level 60's to get new stuff. I found that the only not fun part of the game, was getting the last few levels untill 60. Blizzard didnt really add a lot of content for the 56 - 59 range, but there is a lot of instances/raids that are designed for 60.

What I really liked about wow, was how easy it was to get into at the beggining. You start off with some basic abilities and some basic quests that help guide you to the next place to get more quests. At level 10 you get talent points. They allow you to either improve your current abilities, or learn new abilities that you wouldnt have had the opprutinity to learn before hand. You get one each level, so you can only have a maxium of 50. Whats great about this, is you have an option to get back all your talent points, if you dont like what you did with it. (It will cost you a bit of money tho.) At level 17 - 20 area, you can start going into instances (or dungeons) which is a group of pretty tough enemies, with a pretty tough boss at the end. I found the best way to get experiance is by going into instances with 4 other ppl. Each one is deffinatley unique and the enemies are unique as well.

There is also a really well done proffesion system as well. Most players start their proffessions at about lvl 6 - 8, but I dont think there is a lvl minimum. There are 8 (i believe) primary proffessions as well as 3 secondary. You can choose 2 primary proffessions and 3 of the secondary (theres only 3 secondary proffessions in total). Each profession has another profession that works quite well with it, for example mining and blacksmithing (mine ore and then using that ore you can create weapons and armor). Some people ignore or dont choose their proffessions, dont do it, its dumb. They can make you good money and good items.

PVP was mentioned earlier. I think this is a lot of fun. Before blizzard added battlegrounds you had to organize large groups of ppl to go to a hostile city and go kill as many ppl from the other faction as you can. What battlegrounds allows you to do is join a line to get into a game (capture the flag for example) with the other faction to kill each other. When blizzard did this they also added a ranking system. Its a complex system but the gist of it is the more ppl from the other faction you kill, the more honor you get. With honor you will gain ranks. With each rank you get, you will have the oprotunity to buy items (for quite cheap). Ive looked at all the PVP stuff, and I think (as well as many others) that its the best in the game.

The world is huge, and there is so much content, and so much to do. The only downside is you have to have to be willing to part with the cash to get it. Blizzard is always adding stuff to the game as well.
Well yeah, compared to games like counter strike the community is like heaven in World of Warcraft. I was comparing it more to other MMORPGs.
oh, well I cant compare it to other mmo's, but I just know the content is good.
hey anon what server do u play on and what class(es) and level(s) are you? :ph34r:
I play on Khadagar. I have a lvl 60 palidan, a 20 warrior, a 20 priest, a 29 rogue (all aliance). I also have a horde hunter on zul'gin (lvl 7 or something).
What do you guys think of a Warlock?
Slasher186,Oct 21 2005, 07:38 PM Wrote:What do you guys think of a Warlock?
For the time being, they're aggrivating, I'd play something a bit more "fun" Hunters are interesting enough to roll. Shamans/Paladins seem boring to me. Hunters, Rogues, Warriors ( After lv 30 ),Mages
I've heard the warlock is boring, but I they are pretty handy in groups.

Highest damage per second class is the rogue, which i like.