Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pop-ups
Ok. I was wondering if anyone knew of a program of if Windows XP has a feature where I can have something "pop-up" on my desktop to notify me of something. I have programs that e-mail me when stuff if supposed to happen but I figure that I would be interrupted if it came onto my desktop and beeped or did something. I'm looking to use this for either events I have to be at, television shows I need to see, or an annoying man to yell at me when I need to study.

Thanks,
far away, will our eyes now see the day
for today, the everlasting eternal sun
washed away, the dreams of a brighter day
forever hold the dream inside
the chance to fight another fight
the breaking hearts that stand for all our li-i-ives
live tonight

[Image: post-71-1127203434.jpg]
[Image: MrDucklover.png]
There are free programs, but you can go the geek way and use windows task scheduler..

I don't remember and can't tell you exactly how to, but you can make a batch file and just schedule it to pop-up at w/e time and even play a sound.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

You can also add a .txt file to your startup folder and put whatever you want in the .txt. It will pop up when you log into windows.
You can also switch your email client to Outlook (not Outlook Express). It has reminders that will pop up. Outlook is usually part of MS Office. If you wanted to go the free route and don't have access to MS Office, try Thunderbird email client.
I second the Outlook method.. it is most definitely a god-send
Thanks for the help except I can't get outlook to work. It won't connect to hotmail. Any ideas?
far away, will our eyes now see the day
for today, the everlasting eternal sun
washed away, the dreams of a brighter day
forever hold the dream inside
the chance to fight another fight
the breaking hearts that stand for all our li-i-ives
live tonight

[Image: post-71-1127203434.jpg]
[Image: MrDucklover.png]
CrazyAlarm

CrazyAlarm, also known as Alarm Clock, at the beginning is just a part of the Diary Book. But seems it has a potential to be develop, so I consider to develop it as my second task after Diary Book. Alarm Clock is an easy using application, no complex menus, and it is powerful.
CrazyAlarm lets you set an alarm to remind you of particular events in note, sounds and PC speaker. You can select the wav (sound file) to be display or if you don't have the sound card, you can also select the PC speaker for your sounds reminder.(Besides of this, you can also use it to do a variety of Windows events such as connecting you to internet, terminating your Internet connection, logging off, rebooting, shutting down your PC as well as the others 17 more Windows events.)