Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Languages on the Server
Guess I can take the signature off now...did it for you :D
because yours made me laugh...I thought ...how many people besides Chent and enzy actually understand brokends sig
oh hell maybe I will leave it on and see if anyone else comments
Nice sig GRITS! :wub:
Oh..btw..I'm good at 'nettoyer'... :rolleyes:
:lol:
lol, i don't actually speak french, but i would like to.
i got the sentence off the instruction label for a cd-r, and thought it sounded nifty. i would've put spanish, since i can understand that, but french is just so much cooler! i think we can all agree on that.
I would have to agree French is by far the prettiest and sexiest language...well coming from a woman talking about a man, talking to her in French...
I hear men usually prefer an american southern accent on a woman....well that poll was a few years back...but I bet French is still the preferred by women....as sexiest accent on a man
I am not fluent in the language myself but know enough to pick up on the fact that your signature was a little too 'instructional'...actually had to have it translated because I thought I was misreading it..:lol:

ok this is turning into a language post I might have to split the topic just so we can delve deeper into the different languages on the servers...and I have to talk with Chentvin about his service charge:blsh:
didn't you ever see Il Postino?? i'd have to say that italian is the sexiest language.
i see a lot of foreign language films in the job that i work, and we're getting an italian flik called "Respiro." it means "breathe."
also, the movie A Fish Called Wanda dives into sexy languages, and they make a good arguement that Russian's pretty nifty, too.
either way, i think we can all concur that english is by no means an attractive language. it makes no sense, it breaks its own rules, it's all around just a nasty thing to speak.
just pick a word.
any word.
"MOOSE"
who makes this stuff up??
EN-GAH-LISH !!! I think English is sexy. I don't have to roll my R's in any language to be sexy. ;)
We shall see who is sexy !! We shall see.:drink:
that's what YOU think ;).
and who says you can't roll your R's in english anyway?
Je peux nettoyer toute ta maison si tu veux..de la cave au grenier sans oublier la cheminée bien sûr ^_^
J'apporterai mes outils de travail ;)
Au fait..je peux travailler longtemps sans être fatigué...:rolleyes:
Le service est gratuit si ce que j'ai à nettoyer est de bonne qualité :wub:

yeah french is a nice langage like all the romance languages (spanish,italian,portuguese, romanian...) but not easy to learn..especially the conjugaison..just look at this link and you'll see what I mean :wacko:
omg omg I used a smiley after each sentences :o
French does sound the best. Too bad I never took French class seriously =( Masculine and Feminine, le and la .. just pick one!
I remember my oral presentations were always just rehashes of the same one ...

Still I am always impressed by people who can speak more than one language, and I hate it when people assume that English is someone's primary language!

Bit off-topic, but I met some guy the other day who came to Canada from Romania for 5 months just to learn English quickly. Heh he had a funny story. He barely missed the C-train once so decided to jump on the back and ride it, and got a ticket. His excuse was that they do it in Romania all the time. Surprisingly the ticket was only like $50 CAN.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
yeah, the italian language is nice to hear. the problem w/ french is that even terrible ideas and disturbing content sounds 'pretty'. you can say "eat shit and die!" and it sounds like words taken from a beautiful sonnet...^_^.

i like a foreign accent on a woman...especially british.
indeed, the romantic languages are amazing. i feel the need to respect a dialect because you can offend people you know by talking to them in a formal tense, or people you don't know by speaking to them in an informal tense. there really is no equivelant in english, but it would be kind of like always calling your best friend "sir" one day after years of calling him "dude."

it boggles the mind!!:blink:
btw, chentvin,
Puedo limpiar toda su casa si usted veux..de el sótano con el ático sin olvidarse de la chimenea por supuesto que traeré mis herramientas de trabajo al fait..je puede trabajar un rato largo sin ser cansado... El servicio está libre si qué tengo que limpiar está de buena calidad
*hoped only grits could understand that post*^_^

your spanish is good btw :thumb:
I am sure I enjoyed it the most:wub:
Chentvin,Jul 1 2003, 10:16 PM Wrote:your spanish is good btw :thumb:
well, thanks. i'm not quite fluent, but i like to think i can speak it. sage, too. we've both studied it for about three years, and both know many people that speak it as a primary language. my mom and i constatly speak to each other in spanish, and my grandparents still live in guatemala, so it gives me an advantage over many americans that only know it from what a school has taught them.
i am, however, very lazy, and that is why i just ran the bit through a translater. that's why it still has words like "veux" and "fait" which are not spanish. they should be "si le gusta" and "al fin."