Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T3
Well, to be honest, I thought it was a lot better than I expected. It was a great movie, in my opinion, or at least I enjoyed it. Not to mention TX was hot... yes indeed. Anyway, I thought the plot was creative enough, but the best part was just that the action was very good, and there were plenty of funny parts. I have one thing to say about the ending... *spoiler*... it will be a good ending if they make a sequel, but if they don't, it will have been left too open and it would annoy me. However, considering there is so much information about the future in parts 1, 2, and 3, you can sort of fill in the gaps with those movies. But still....

Anyway, here's my problem with the plot... they totally messed up the ages and numbers. In T1, they don't say really anything about the ages, or whatever, all we know is that it is the year 1984, the terminator and the soldier are from 2029, and skynet takes over and the nuclear war happens in 1997. In T2, the movie was made in 1991, but the story is supposed to have taken place in 1994. We know this because when T1000 first looks for John Connor with the police car search thing, it says "Age: 10." In the hospital, they describe Sarah Connor as a 29-year-old white female... meaning she was 19 in T1. Though those ages seem like they could be off, it's entirely possible. And John Connor certainly seems older than 10, but once again, it's possible.

Now, in T3, they keep referring back to the stuff that happens in T2, and they say John Connor was 13. That means Sarah Connor must have been 16 in T1, which seems impossible. Even Sarah Connor's grave in T3 says she died in 1997, and was diagnosed with leukemia in 1994 ("She held on for 3 years") which evidently happened after the events of T2, so we definitely know that must have been 1994 or earlier. Once again, the numbers don't fit. Anyway, maybe to some, it seems like a minor flaw. I think that if he was 13, it certainly makes for a better plot, and it would work out better considering how mature he seemed in T2. But I think it makes it worse to change the numbers like that, and is rather annoying. I don't know if they didn't expect us to notice or what.

Anyway, as usual, I guess this is a thread for everyone to throw in what they thought.
I plan on going to see this tomarrow. I heard a few critics saying it was too short as in under 2 hours but it is a fun ride.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
First off, yes TX was hot. But you know what, that doesnt save this movie. Lets look at it in the series. The first one, though budgeted as a B movie, was pretty damn cool. Cool idea, scary guy, good stuff. The second one, if you ask me, truly made the series. It not only gave it depth (the whole thing how the machines came back, their technology was created from them, tehy created themselves, that kicks ass!) but it finally had a budget with which a terminator could terminate properly in an environment which lent itself to terminating (liquid robots, exploding helicopter, it almost seemed necesarry). Now its 2003 and the 3rd one comes out, and what do we get? Basically take all the stuff that you loved from the first 2, remake it, throw in a few stupid jokes (i dont need to see arnold say "Talk to the hand" while holding a shotgun) and you've got something that will probably break box office records, and make me cry. There was absolutely nothing new in this one. It doesnt even advance the overall story: if you think about it, it practically tells you the end during the opening monologue. Of course i'll give it this: it was fun to watch...sometimes. But usually the action scenes made so little sense that you didnt know what to think (remote control cop cars, sounds fun, but they barely explained it. nanotechnology my ass, thats such a cop out explination). anywho, i wasnt impressed.
indeed, the movie had eye-candy.
A LOT.
things blow up. not just objects like cars and bystanders, but breasts, too. and every guy loves that.
but that is all that makes this movie: eye-candy. there is nothing more. no substnance, no plot developements, no amazing acting. you've all seen it before, well, now you can see it again. with a bigger budget, and the same old gimmiks.
the thing that bothered me the most in this movie, however, was a very short external view of a helicopter landing, and two people getting out and running into a building. there is nothing else going on in the scene, but it's only 1 and a half seconds long. "So?" you think. "People do that every day, why does that bother you, brok?" Well, it bothers me because the helicopter and the people that flee from it are all CG animated. People DO run away from helicopters every day, it's a common occurance, ESPECIALLY in southern california where the film was shot. why did they have to animate it? to save money? believe me, they cut no corners in this movie, except possibly the dialogue.
but no, you can't deny the boobs. so that makes this a movie worth seeing, especially on the big screen (when the things blow up, and the woman terminator runs after them and kicks ass on the BIG screen, you get more jollies out of it, trust me ^_^)
Damn...you first day movie goers make me jealous. I never have time to go to movies.
I still wanna see Matrix 2. I doubt that anything that Arnold is in can bomb. Oh wait....
there was Twins....lol.
to be fair, the only reason that i saw this movie (as well as sage), was because i saw for free in an independent theater in a time of grouchy depression. we had box-office dropouts for weeks until we got decently reviewed movies, then we got the terminator to rebound.
the local newspaper gave T3 an A-, which really gnawed at a developing ulcer, since it gave the other movie we are playing an A, when clearly, the indy film is much, much better.

p.s., we also saw it two days before the movie was released. this, however, did not make the movie any better.
no....no it did not. honestly, i only went cuz it was free.
This was a very kick ass movie. If I had the money I would go see it 5 or 6 times, it was just that cool.

Loved every second of it.

There was lots of laughs but 1000 times more action.

If you liked the other Ts go and see this movie.... hell even if you didn't like it go and see it, its a DAMN kick ass movie.

I did notice only one really big mistake, but I won't mention it. Its very obvious.

Just go see the movie....

Hmmm didn't hear that...

GO SEE THE MOVIE <span style="color:red">NOW!!!!!</span>

Btw, I liked the movie. :D
Wooo again im waiting those films to arrive to Finland argh.....
don't get too excited, there, morningstar, gwarsbane seems to be out of his head. see it if you feel like it, it really doens't matter.:lol: