Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where did the it geeks forum area go?
Posting it here because that part of the forum doesnt exist anymore. Probably because of semi computer illiterates like me asking dumb questions. Ive got a couple more so i figured id post them here till somebody tells me not to.

1. Updating the posts i made here before, im having trouble with the internet.... It works fine everytime in devon but works patchily or not at all in sheffield (to non-uk residents, the difference is about 500 miles and different ip addresses, but i didnt think that would make a difference). Different isps does not have an effect, although i havent attempted to use the same isp (telewest) that i have in devon while in sheffield.

I have just bought a wireless network card and connect to the local network fine (or at least itunes appears to be able to use it)... but often have problems when i try to use the net.
Anyone here have the faintest clue why that might be?

2. Whilst playing with this problem, i did an ipconfig/all and discovered something callled a teredo tunneling pseudo-interface. I've no idea where i picked this up, but investigation showed it was a microsoft program involved in translating between IPv4 and IPv6. The article I read then appeared to say it probably wasnt necesssary, and the microsoft summary of the program/technology was more or less incomprehensible to me. If anyone would be kind enough to interpret it, the article is at: -

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...ain/teredo.mspx

Specifically I'm wondering what the differences between 6 and 4 are, who uses them and do i need the program.

Thanks anyone who knows anything about either of these questions, and sorry about the little essay.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
The section you are looking for is right below this one. It says IT-Geeks Hang Out. I will move it there, but leave the link so you can see it.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Interesting... I can only get to it through the moved post, i still can't see it from the main forum area. I assume that its set as a privilege area (or whatever ipb calls it). Either that or its another manifestation of the devon-loving gremlins in my computer.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]